obsessewd with pink floyd

There are 9 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by supercars.

• personally i don't mind dark side of the moon but i prefer yes as a band or genesis with peter gabriel.
    music stopped in 1980

When you empty the rubbish some of it comes out on top

music stopped in 1980

Actually, "THE WALL" wasn't released until 1983; even so, there have been many notable bands doing good work since then. Tangerine Dream, The Orb, Joe Satriani, Frank Zappa, Bjork and many others have done some inspirational work... :D

My rig: i3-4130 Core Duo (3.4Ghz), Gigabit GA-B85-HD3 mobo, 8Gb PC1600ram, Samsung 2x 80Gb SATA RAID, Intel Integrated graphics, 3 optical drives, 23" Asus HD monitor + peripherals

Character names: Centaurian_Alpha & CA derivatives
    Founder: Independent Operators' Consortium (established 2006)

• tangerine dream were playing in th 70s, we dont need no educkashun.

When you empty the rubbish some of it comes out on top

• Tangerine Dream is still very active; I highly recommend their 5-CD set of the complete Divine Comedy operatic series, just finished last year :D

My rig: i3-4130 Core Duo (3.4Ghz), Gigabit GA-B85-HD3 mobo, 8Gb PC1600ram, Samsung 2x 80Gb SATA RAID, Intel Integrated graphics, 3 optical drives, 23" Asus HD monitor + peripherals

• who cares:)
    tangerine dream are damn good same with yes and early genesis .
    I remember skiving school to listen to dark side at a m8s house:)

Originally posted by Centaurian

Actually, "THE WALL" wasn't released until 1983

Ahem. The Wall was released in 1979.

I should know; I'm obsessed with Pink Floyd like John Hinkley was to Jodie Foster.

Okay, maybe not that much. I haven't tried to assasinate a US President over them... yet.

MK

[GLOW=green]"If knowledge is power, then to be unknown is to be unconquerable." -Star Trek: Birth of the Federation[/GLOW]

Ahem. The Wall was released in 1979.

Ok, my bad; Pink Floyd didn't do The Wall Tour until 1983/84. And the last Yes CD I bought was made in 1998! The point of the thread being taken, however, that there isn't really as much good new material now as there was in the Golden Age of Rock... ;(

• the "We dont need no education" song was released on the First disk on Pink Floyd- The Wall under the song title "another brick in the Wall pt 2"