Make new bases appear in trade window

There are 4 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by FLYBYU.

• Mini-tutorial really, but the problem occurs in a number of servers.

After searching and asking about this over Christmas, Bejaymac provided the key to unlocking the problem of bases not appearing in the trade window after you have visited a base.

I am presuming that you have added the bases and systems so your universe.ini and system.ini's all have the correct entries and IDS etc. With bases listed before systems.
    In particular strid_name in Universe.ini and ids_name from the respective system ini should match.

You then need to edit the InfocardMap.ini which is composed of two columns

First column is the ids_name from the system inis and should match the strid name from Universe.ini

The second column is the number of the infocard for that base.

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

Bejaymac
    Bases entry in the system ini has a "ids_info =" line, this is part one of two DLL entries that are required for base infocards to work.
    Part 1 usually has the "base type","population" etc settings, while part 2 has the bases "story".
    You then need to add both numbers to the InfocardMap.ini i.e. "Map = part1, part2", FL will then take both parts and add the market settings between both sets in the final infocard, this is also how to get the base to appear on the "best price" list.

Now for the bad news, FLMM's XML is useless for this, so you need to make the DLL entries yourself with reshacker, Fled_ids etc.

I had to share this with you all as I just found out something new and the quote in orange is what my problem was as I was using xml and not adding it to the DLL's manually. I hope this saves someone else a headache when using xml and cant figure out why your new base's don't appear on the "best price" list.

A Big Thank You to SWAT_OP-R8R & Bejaymac for the good information they shared here.

• thats why i never added infocards via xml

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

Originally posted by Tunicle
    Thanks FlyByU for updating my initial post.

NP Tuny [732]

Bejaymac is the one to thank for that good info I was about to pull my hair out & kill the PC ---> [21]