Italian/French ships concepts

There are 45 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by Fire_Wolf_br.

• People, as you know (or at least who read the other threads here) I'll include Praetoria and Gallia in the second version. Then, I'll have enough time to work with them while the first version is working.

While I don't have ready the first screenshots (they will be released when OP will be better from his sickness and fix a bug in capital ship spawning), I'm launching here a thread to know your opinions about how the Praetorian (Italian) and Gallian (French) ships should look like. Definitions like their appearance, efficiency, size, colors and House Logos are appreciated here.

Also, modelers can join in the FL:EU project to create those unique ships for FL:EU.

See ya ppl.
    Fire_Wolf_br
    :))

Creator of the SWAT Mod: Freelancer: Expanded Universe - currently halted due to university activities, but you can help if you want :D

Go to the FL:EU's forums

Also click here...

Pff, I'm not afk. I'm just lurking, coz I don't have even time to post, think about the time I have to mod >.<

[instagib] [woot] [instagib]

• Italy: Ships that look like flying slices of pizza :D
    France: Flying Eifel-Tower-lookalikes :D

<table border="0" align="center" width="75%" height="40px" cellspacing="0"><tr>
    <td align="left" background="http://img217.imageshack.us/img217/9442/swatwj7.png" width="2px"></td>
    <td valign="top" align="center" width="100%" background="http://img182.imageshack.us/img182/401/swatya1.gif"><font face="serif" color="white" size="5">&#191;&#647;&#592;&#653;&#387;&#592;&#623; - magwat?</font></td>
    <td align="right" background="http://img27.imageshack.us/img27/6025/swatright.png" width="2px"></td>
    </tr></table>
    <!--<hr width="85%" />

Fix'd.

-->

• Italian: ships that look like they are designed to look as if they have been designed. Some frills too. Not efficient at all, in fact, ships should break apart after the 4th launch.
    House logo: Plate of spaghetti.
    French: no frills, but elegant and sleek. Not too efficient.
    House logo: Cock (the bird)

And sorry to all the italians (i'm half italian myself, so that should be ok) and french who roam this board :D

• rofl @ both :D

i'm laughin' with both ^^... heh... gallian cock (the bird) ^^

would you like to fly in a slice o' pizza? with that smell of catchup or cheese or ham around you for hours? huh? :D

ppl you can make us laugh here but also try to help with things I can really make ok?

and lucy, I won't post here what you PM'ed me about these ships coz if you have changed your mind, you can post here your current ideas...

heh spaghetti and $5 ships which brake super-fast... pizza and cocks heh rofl :D

Creator of the SWAT Mod: Freelancer: Expanded Universe - currently halted due to university activities, but you can help if you want :D

Also click here...

Pff, I'm not afk. I'm just lurking, coz I don't have even time to post, think about the time I have to mod >.<

• No but seriously - french ships could look kinda like the Eifel Tower. think about it - long, narrow, pointy pyramids w/ four engines coming out their asses :) <- if a BS would look like this it would ROCK!!

<td align="left" background="http://img217.imageshack.us/img217/9442/swatwj7.png" width="2px"></td>
    <td valign="top" align="center" width="100%" background="http://img182.imageshack.us/img182/401/swatya1.gif"><font face="serif" color="white" size="5">&#191;&#647;&#592;&#653;&#387;&#592;&#623; - magwat?</font></td>
    <td align="right" background="http://img27.imageshack.us/img27/6025/swatright.png" width="2px"></td>
    </tr></table>
    <!--<hr width="85%" />

Fix'd.

-->

• and the italian ships?

also, think (everybody) this way:
    Liberty - US, art déco style
    Rheinland - Germany, Bismarck Era, Industrialization era (heavy ships, strong nationalism - this one from the Hitler's Era)
    Kusari - Japan, Shogunate/Today Era, mix of ancient and modern, the ships look like origami art.
    Bretonia - Can't say what, maybe from the start of the Earth's Industrialization. Then, the Bretonian ships needs to be efficient.

Also click here...

• no, i didn't change my mind: italian ships should look like somebody with an eye for design designed them. like the contrary of the rhineland ships.
    think of rinascimento and michelangelo and todays colani or pininfarino (you should find enough objects designed by them by googling to get the idea)
    then there's the archtect calatrava too, but he's spanish. he designed the best looking train station i've ever seen.

• okay, then I'll paste later what you wrote about these ships.

Also click here...

• Maybe bubbles :D

</tr></table>
    <!--<hr width="85%" />

Fix'd.

-->

• I dont know about the Italian ships.. but when I think of a French ship.. I think about the Concorde. Even though its now defunct, the planes themselves could provide a model.. Sleek, modern, and oh-so-fast.

Make them narrow-bodied and super fast.. Just a thought.

;)

SMG_Mizibelle, SMG_Spellcaster, SMG_Hellcat

“Being a mercenary... Hey, we just go wherever there's a mixture of money and trouble, and everyone in the galaxy is a potential customer."

• but who will model these ships need to avoid to create ships which looks like earth aircraft... but i got what you're thinking.

Also click here...

• here's what lucy sent me in a PM weeks ago.

Also click here...

• yep, i still can't see no contradiction in my pm and my post here.

• I've been thinking about this French concept of Eifflel Tower-Concorde, and wanted to give you a little visual. This is just to put out there.. don't know if it's feasible or not.. Just my thoughts.

Nice shot of the underside. Get rid of the wings entirely. Fit a couple of missile launchers on the bottom of ship, maybe similar to the engines on the plane, to make it sleek and all one piece of the French ship. Straighten the nose.

The nose here is more what I mean. Get rid of the tailfin too. And I think the ass-end should be redrawn entirely.

Now picture the body of the ship as the upper part of the Eiffle Tower. I would make the back of the ship flare slightly, like the 'middle' of the tower to hold 4 powerful engines. And the arcs at the bottom of the tower could be reconstructed as arcing wings for your ship. I would make the ships wings arc outward.. so it doesn't look like you have 2 half circles attached to it. Rather I think the pointed ends of the arc to face outward, where guns and CDs can be mounted, 2 to 4 on each wing. And I would make the ship texture smooth and as shiny as possible.. perhaps reflective? As in Hall of Mirrors at Versailles?

I could be way off base here, but I think this could be used as a sort of model.. you're only limited by your imagination.

Hope things are going well with your mod M8! :D

“Being a mercenary... Hey, we just go wherever there's a mixture of money and trouble, and everyone in the galaxy is a potential customer."

• thanks ^^

huh... r u a modeler?

maybe u can help me :D

Also click here...

• french ships should be green like frogs, long like baguettes and with white flag on its top ^^

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• I would rather take the actual car market as an example for the ship models, magnet can give you even more details about that but....

French: Take a look at "Citroen" "Peugeot" and "Renault" cars...not expensive, not high quality and desing, not high quality either....
    Italian: "Ferrari" "Fiat" "Alfa Romeo"...High good looking desing, average prize, average quality...I would take Alfa Romeo as example.

• Sorry Fire Wolf.. I know nothing about modeling.. Im just a player with an idea rolling around in my head.. :rolleyes:

• no problem Mizibelle... i think i'll be able to find a modeler soon.

@OP: rofl... how about CF include this kind of ships huh :D ?
    Tito: Ferrari? Average-priced? In which country do you live? I want go there! :D

Also click here...