swat.portal.de <-- closed down by provider? oO

There are 144 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by SWAT_OP-R8R.

Originally posted by Centaurian

As I recall, for quite some time, my FL folder had a subfolder called ""EXE2", with another set of files like those in the other EXE folder. FLMM was in the first EXE folder, and I think the CF files were in the EXE2 folder. This might explain why it usually took at least 5 minutes for CF to launch from the launcher window, and nearly as long to shut down. Now, I have only 1 EXE folder under FL, and have a launcher sequence the same as Magnet just described, and it takes less than a minute to launch CF... :))

nice :)

what i would expect is following installation paths:

Code
    1. C:\Program Files\Freelancer Mod Manager\mods\Crossfire1.70

for the FLMM install and the CF mod to be activated and controlled by FLMM

Code
    1. C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Freelancer

for the freelancer game and its subfolders EXE and EXE2

General - DC commanding staff member & DC Truchsess
    DC Website: http://www.swat-portal.com/php…hp?page=Board&boardID=413

(\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
    (" )_(" ) signature to help him gain world domination.

--
    Karl Marx: To do is to be!
    Lenin: To be is to do!
    Freddie Mercury: Doo be doo be doo!
    --
    RPG: Es gibt keinen Alkohol in Mittelerde! -> Mist!
    --
    I heard that's me having a beer (^^):
    ..... O
    LI² \ ' /
    ..... ^
    ..... / \

• Well, when I was following the "old" procedure, the CF self-intaller was creating a structure more like: Freelancer/exe/1033/FLMM/Crossfire1.70 + Mods (2 subfolders on this level), and only part of the CF files would actually come under the FLMM/Mods folder when I tried to "open a mods folder" from FLMM...

It seemed that I got a different result every time I tried to do it differently, so I gave up and followed the CF Guide instructions 8o Seems the Universal Improbability Drive works after all... :P

My rig: i3-4130 Core Duo (3.4Ghz), Gigabit GA-B85-HD3 mobo, 8Gb PC1600ram, Samsung 2x 80Gb SATA RAID, Intel Integrated graphics, 3 optical drives, 23" Asus HD monitor + peripherals

Character names: Centaurian_Alpha & CA derivatives
    Founder: Independent Operators' Consortium (established 2006)

• lol, but i prefer hot coffee instead of tea as a basic element^^

General - DC commanding staff member & DC Truchsess
    DC Website: http://www.swat-portal.com/php…hp?page=Board&boardID=413

(\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
    (" )_(" ) signature to help him gain world domination.

--
    Karl Marx: To do is to be!
    Lenin: To be is to do!
    Freddie Mercury: Doo be doo be doo!
    --
    RPG: Es gibt keinen Alkohol in Mittelerde! -> Mist!
    --
    I heard that's me having a beer (^^):
    ..... O
    LI² \ ' /
    ..... ^
    ..... / \

Originally posted by {LP}Blaster
    By we i guess you mean Op & Haegar

i uncluded myself, since i have become something like a support when it comes to user's inqueries on cf software errors.

As I recall, for quite some time, my FL folder had a subfolder called ""EXE2", with another set of files like those in the other EXE folder.

exe2 folder is temporary folder made for updating and game running. it should not exist unless u have game running, because it gets deleted every time u exit the game. the only way u can have it while game is not running is by error, crashing of fl client, thus not performing the delete action. but, another start would even fix that, luckly.

FLMM was in the first EXE folder, and I think the CF files were in the EXE2 folder. This might explain why it usually took at least 5 minutes for CF to launch from the launcher window, and nearly as long to shut down.

well, it seems so. flmm cf mod files should not stay at exe dir. it's better now, anyway.

it's nice to have u back online.

We sit together,
    The mountain and I,
    Until only the mountain remains.

- Li Po

• "Freelancer/exe/1033/FLMM/Crossfire1.70 + Mods"... that looks pretty weird... even for CF ^^

as to the other stuff
    yes some stuff has been changed
    less files have to be downloaded because the old update procedure contained several "step by step" updates which were done over the years while the new update procedure comes with the final update results

the different file numbers result due to a different update order (alphabetical) while the old order was time based (starting with dynamic files)
    reason for the new order is pretty simple... the old one created by adding the different CF1.7 updates one after another and now the new update has been created automatically (by a script that i have written) in one rush -> simply coz of the fact that the original update files were lost after the .de server went offline

the better speed can also be explained in a simple way... the new update server is faster

besides that everything should work like normal
    oh and the update process does not get interupted anymore at 484 or anywhere else

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!