TLR back online

There are 88 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by SWAT_OP-R8R.

• Lancer's Reactor?
    sheeet, last time i was there was when i was a active VOID mod user with the Samurai Clan.

From what i've heard, it's kinda gone downhill since i left ;o

• You know, its a true shame you guys are so silly. You won't even give lancers a try. Your hatred of TLR is so aparent, that its crystal clear. Blaster, as much news that we posted for you, hosting mods for you and such, for you to turn on lancers.

To all of you, how about giving TLR a break, and some time to get it all together and posted. We are looking to have all the old downloads back soon, as well as all the tuterals and posts. Things don't happen over night, no matter what Op tells you.

So how about giving us the benifit of the doubt, and how judgement.

If you can't, it would be taken that you are not big enough nor honorable enough, and generally just stuck up on yourselves. Its a shame too. There's lots of tallent here, but its wasted on hate and resentment.

Just my 2cents worth. :(

• From what I read here all I can say is...

It's really a shame that besides the fact that you have no idea what really happened with Lancers Reactor, you just stated a lot of things that are not the truth, you didn't even try to contact me and discuss anything before you posted in a public forum spreading stories that are not even close to the truth. Nothing that is said here is close to the real facts about what happened to Lancers Reactor. I had family problems and had to leave for some time and others stepped in to try to keep Lancers Reactor going in my absence.

To just say things that are not true don't do anyone any good, not you, not me and certainly not the community.

I was under the impression that we were all friends and had some type of fun type relationship but I guess I was wrong after reading what is posted here.

Do yourself a favor and quit posting garbage like I'm reading here. If you want to talk and find out what really happened I'm always willing to listen, as a lot of you all know.

To think of all the free time I've spent doing for the community and to hear from members that this garbage was posted on the swat portal or for that matter any site is beyond my imagination.

You all know where to find me, I'm willing to talk to anyone as a lot of you all know. You're more than welcome to contact me and discuss anything, be it community matters or personal matters.

from bakedpotato
    co-owner of The Lancers Reactor

• 'Tis a real shame that you lot here are immature enough to bag out a site that has provided you so much in the past..as for SWAT Portal, the theme is ugly, and i could probably bet money on the fact that most of the content here is some way connected to Lancers Reactor. SWAT as for taking a backup of the TLR Site, from what it seems the only reason you joined TLR Staff is because you needed the fuel for the SWAT Portal, and you couldn't be bothered to get it yourself, so you 'lifted' it from Lancers.

Such a shame really, but as Finalday said, Just my two cents worth.

WhiteDragon
    Lancers Reactor Administrator

• BakedPotato:

There appears to be more than enough bad feeling at TLR as well. Please don't act like we're the only ones being bitter.

Also, there is good reason for the community to not like TLR. OP has posted logs and logs of rather...interesting IRC/MSN chats from TLR. Louva really has been a little bit childlike.

I was under the impression that we were all friends and had some type of fun type relationship but I guess I was wrong after reading what is posted here.

Erm. Read some of those logs that I mentioned earlier. It doesn't really look like a few people WANT to be friends, non?

I'll try and find them for you and link 'em, but I'm about to leave the house. Perhaps when I get back.

You all know where to find me, I'm willing to talk to anyone as a lot of you all know. You're more than welcome to contact me and discuss anything, be it community matters or personal matters.

Does this mean you are back at TLR? If not, may I have your MSN/AIM address? I would enjoy talking to you about these circumstances.

Perhaps us posting things without firsthand knowledge of a situation was maybe a little tacky. However we all trust OP and his judgement, so we took what he had to say and believed it.

My MSN: mw_blur@yahoo.com
    AIM: vladomir13

Also, @ Finalday

Erm. I believe everyone who has posted in this thread (Maybe not, but a good deal of the people who have) have visited TLR. We didn't particularly like what we saw (other then the new graphics. I do appriciate those). I imagine we'll probably ALL check up on you from time to time. If TLR gets better then it is now, it'll get used.

Pardon that last paragraph. It's a mite convoluted.

********The above is my opinion, and mine alone. For anyone else's, please ask them*********

• @ Finalday
    @ Bakedpotato
    @ WhiteDragon

I wouldn't say that SWAT 'hates' TLR. Active dislike is the more appropriate term. Most of that is directed at Louva, who has used under-handed tactics (i.e. aliases) on ICQ and probably elsewhere to insult OP, which also insults SWAT. Speaking only for myself, I take offense to both.

This forum has seen the proof of his highly unprofessional conduct, which is definitely not conducive to friendly relations between us. As adminstrators and co-owners of TLR, you have the responsibility of knowing what the right hand AND the left hand is doing AT ALL TIMES, because you also carry the blame for generating these negative feelings by allowing OP to be insulted in the first place.

Now, WhiteDragon, a TLR administrator, has accused SWAT of 'lifting' content from TLR. A very serious statement in the eyes of most of our members, I'm sure. More negativity that only serves to aggravate the situation. Such statements will not gain you any kind feelings from SWAT or its members. So let me be clear about this point.. Our content is our own, and our loyalty is to OP.

And lastly, it is my understanding that the SWAT Portal is OUR forum, and we are free to say what we like here without fear of censorship. If OP feels there is something inappropriate in our comments, I'm sure he will be the one to tell us. Not you. To my knowledge, we have not gone to the TLR forum and posted any inflammatory comments, as you have done here. Nor will we bother to do so.. but the fact that you are even lurking around our site to begin with makes me question your motives.. especially since you think our theme is 'ugly'...

*This is only my opinion and my 2 euros worth.*

SMG_Mizibelle, SMG_Spellcaster, SMG_Hellcat

“Being a mercenary... Hey, we just go wherever there's a mixture of money and trouble, and everyone in the galaxy is a potential customer."

• I would be surprised to hear from his own mouth that swat dislikes Lancers Reactor since me and him have always got along very well, communicate well together, generally like each other and the fact that he helped me out with the site when I asked for his help. If swat dislikes TLR why would he bother to spend his free time working on the Lancers Reactor site?

As I said in my first post I was away for quite some time and was not aware of any conflicts or problems, but I'm back now and do not put up with people causing trouble in what I consider a great community. We do not tolerate arguments or name calling or any type of bad behavior on Lancers Reactor.

Any conflicts of interest by any parties will stop here and now as I still consider swat my good friend no matter what his opinion of me is.
    Hopefully swat will get in touch with me and we can talk as friends, as we always have done in the past.

You said that I'm lurking on this forum. Are you kidding me, honestly? I haven't been on this site in at least a year. It was some of the community that told me they say this ridiculous conversation going on here so I thought it would be a good idea to come here and tell you all what my thoughts were, but to call me a lurker is ridiculous and where do I say anything about the theme being ugly. Are you just trying to start more trouble saying that I said the theme is ugly and that I am lurking here, I'm thinking that I should be welcome here and not putting words into my mouth, I never said anything derogatory about this site or swat or any of it's members and as far as I remember I have never said anything bad about anyone in any community.

I'm not like that. I don't go around the internet saying things to or about people that I wouldn't say to their face. Fact is if I do have a problem with someone I say it face to face and not behind their back.
    If you have a problem with me come see me and we'll settle it man to man.

from bakedpotato, most peoples friend till the end!
    co-owner of The Lancers Reactor

• @ Bakedpotato

Did you even read my post thoroughly? There were 3 of you from TLR commenting, and my response was to what all of you said.. WhiteDragon was the one who said our theme was 'ugly'. He is also the one who accused SWAT of lifting content from TLR.

And I never said anything about your personal or professional relationship with OP or with SWAT. I said.. and let me repeat this for the record.. that most of the animosity being felt here is a result of Louva-Deus and his insulting behavior toward OP.

I am not trying to put words in your mouth at all.. why should I have anything against you, when you say you weren't even there?

But maybe you should read and address the comments made by your own people before ranting on my response..

As far as I'm concerned, this discussion ends here. I have stated my opinion and I have nothing further to say.

Except... calling me out to settle things 'man to man' is a little inappropriate, since I am a woman.

“Being a mercenary... Hey, we just go wherever there's a mixture of money and trouble, and everyone in the galaxy is a potential customer."

• @Baked potato

As you have been out for some time, OP is out rigth now. He will be back soon and you will get a properly answer from him, problably not in public forums but maybe yes.

What is stated here is Swat community opinion thats is as respetable as yours or any other comunity. This opinion is mostly based not in OP´s opinion but in what we could read from LR meeting and some logs...

As Mizi said this comunity is not going to TLR to give his opinion but staying here in his own place doing it, the point about this is:

You are now giving your opinion here, will Louva let us give our opinion at his place?

• @Damian.

"His Place?". There my friend you are sadly mistaken. Louva-Deus is NOT the owner of TLR. He is an Admin, like myself.

Hexebelle.

Now, WhiteDragon, a TLR administrator, has accused SWAT of 'lifting' content from TLR. A very serious statement in the eyes of most of our members, I'm sure. More negativity that only serves to aggravate the situation. Such statements will not gain you any kind feelings from SWAT or its members. So let me be clear about this point.. Our content is our own, and our loyalty is to OP.

And if Lancer's Reactor wasn't to have existed in the past, i would highly doubt that SWAT would have the resources it does today, let alone OP openly admitting he has a backup copy of the TLR site....

So, you put one and one together and what do you get?

Calling the portal's theme 'ugly' was my opinion, and it will stand until its changed. I don't want your opinions, if i do, i will ask for them.

• We didn't ask for your opinions, WhiteDragon. And need I remnid you, this is SWAT - not TLR. If you don't want my opinion, then you should refrain from using our forum to post your accusations, which are unwarranted and unwanted.

As to resources, if OP does have a backup of the TLR site.. I'm sure if you ask him very sweetly.. he will share it with you. Looks like you might be in need of it.

• I am not seeking a flame war Miz, i am merely speaking the truth, and whether or not you choose to accept it..well, thats entirely up to you.

• [suggests thread to be closed to stop any more flaming and fun-killing]

<table border="0" align="center" width="75%" height="40px" cellspacing="0"><tr>
    <td align="left" background="http://img217.imageshack.us/img217/9442/swatwj7.png" width="2px"></td>
    <td valign="top" align="center" width="100%" background="http://img182.imageshack.us/img182/401/swatya1.gif"><font face="serif" color="white" size="5">&#191;&#647;&#592;&#653;&#387;&#592;&#623; - magwat?</font></td>
    <td align="right" background="http://img27.imageshack.us/img27/6025/swatright.png" width="2px"></td>
    </tr></table>
    <!--<hr width="85%" />

Fix'd.

-->

• (Seconds the motion)

There's lots of tallent here, but its wasted on hate and resentment.

It is a fact that people tend to mirror the way they are treated; if there is acrimony in this community toward LR, it is largely due to the unrestrained arrogance displayed by Louva, and his inability to even consider others in the community as worthy of consideration if they disagree with him.

Most of us here really don't give a fig one way or the other with regard to LR, because frankly, LR is not the only place to find downloads, as our own download database should indicate. 90% of the content now available here was collected since LR went offline, so how can anyone at LR claim that this stuff was lifted from them?? Sheer idiocy, and a reminder of the hubris exhibited by some of Louva's flock... [2]

No one here wants or ever wanted to see LR in the position it is in today; its current status is the direct result of how LR was managed, for better or worse. We all hope you guys pull yourselves together, and once again become the valuable repository of all things FL. But we at SWAT are not going to wait for that to happen while the rest of the FL community languishes for lack of tools & attention. BTW, there is also nothing to stop you from repopulating your database from ours, but then, you are too honorable for that, to listen to wtdragon5... [13]

My rig: i3-4130 Core Duo (3.4Ghz), Gigabit GA-B85-HD3 mobo, 8Gb PC1600ram, Samsung 2x 80Gb SATA RAID, Intel Integrated graphics, 3 optical drives, 23" Asus HD monitor + peripherals

Character names: Centaurian_Alpha & CA derivatives
    Founder: Independent Operators' Consortium (established 2006)

• I'm wondering who gave swat portal permission to host downloads of anything other that what was made by the members here or mods and tools submitted to the swat portal to be hosted here for download???

If you didn't get permission to host downloads of other peoples work they why is it being done???

I didn't give any permission to host anything that was submitted to Lancers Reactor by the people that made said content and their trust in me that that content would not be altered without the authors permission...

This conversation is not only sad but we're all here to have fun and should try to get along together.

Everyone is welcome in the Lancers Reactor community.
    And that should go for the swat portal as well...

Originally posted by bakedpotato
    Everyone is welcome in the Lancers Reactor community.
    And that should go for the swat portal as well...

Then I have to wonder why the Crossfire link has been removed from your site.. [8]

But we at SWAT are not going to wait for that to happen while the rest of the FL community languishes for lack of tools & attention. BTW, there is also nothing to stop you from repopulating your database from ours, but then, you are too honorable for that, to listen to wtdragon5... [13]

Uh mm...forgive me for stating that we have backups of our own databases, Utilities and submitted content. Therefore out ruling the need to use the SWAT portal.

• Any more arguing is pointless until I talk to SWAT-OP8R about why he started this bad conversation in the first place.
    Are we not all here to have fun and meet new friends and have a good time?

Lets end this now and get back to having a good time. That's what I like to do in my free time and not have to be in a bad mood...

I may be interested in the backups that Chris has but I guess I'll have to wait and talk to him about that...

Originally posted by bakedpotato
    Any more arguing is pointless until I talk to SWAT-OP8R about why he started this bad conversation in the first place.
    Are we not all here to have fun and meet new friends and have a good time?

Lets end this now and get back to having a good time. That's what I like to do in my free time and not have to be in a bad mood...

I may be interested in the backups that Chris has but I guess I'll have to wait and talk to him about that...

sorry for hanging my ass into it here :)

BUT .. asking members of a forum, for their opinion, is not really starting a 'bad' conversation at all.

so if something happen, and someone is going to inform others about, and asking in the same way, for their opinion about, is bad? .. hmm.. sorry, its out of my understanding.

well.. i just wanted to let you know, what a 'normal' user thinks about this sensless stuff (which is written in here, a lot)
    no one should get touched by the words which are used here, and the problems, which are tried to be published, and the people who got blamed, for things of the past.

its stuff, which should be solved, or where should be found solutions for, in a 'private' way, and on places, where just the involved people has to be. so that not everyone is going to submit their thoughts about.

so far from me..
    a regular user, who just wants to be here, for fun and playing a game.

(and to my thoughts about the website.. hmm.. i keep it for myself, before someone is getting touched by them too)
    just this much about... i've seen better and uglier things