Lost in space

There are 63 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by Hellraiser.

Originally posted by DC_Hägar
    i expect u to be in hiruga, then? lol

:)

You should take a "handicap" when you go PvP with Hellraiser, Haegar.

Like your Starflier against his Titan or something along those lines. ;)

There are 10 kinds of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who do not.

Originally posted by Michael
    lol I wonder why that 'handicap' xD

I just thought it might be a funny combination. :)

Most of this thread is jokes, so I could not resist joining in!

There are 10 kinds of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who do not.

• Lost in space thread...hmm...
    is like that siggie of a CF member, that says, "In space noone can hear you say 'no'" xD
    So..."lost in space !! "

Chars: [CFPD]Michael~something (x25), [CFPD]~SQMS~{[(store)]} (x3), [CFPD]xfer, Event~Manager~Michael, StarfIier~EM~Michael, Event_Team_2, [GR]Michael[SP] and a blueprint of [CFPD]Sephirothis

• i am a serious one^^

General - DC commanding staff member & DC Truchsess
    DC Website: http://www.swat-portal.com/php…hp?page=Board&boardID=413

(\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
    (" )_(" ) signature to help him gain world domination.

--
    Karl Marx: To do is to be!
    Lenin: To be is to do!
    Freddie Mercury: Doo be doo be doo!
    --
    RPG: Es gibt keinen Alkohol in Mittelerde! -> Mist!
    --
    I heard that's me having a beer (^^):
    ..... O
    LI² \ ' /
    ..... ^
    ..... / \

Originally posted by Hellraiser
    Eagle?
    expects to win PvP in an eagle?

then why is he considered so dangerous?

are you serious? want to try me out? :)

and haegar is only dangerous when he drinks beer ^^

Fleet Captain Spiky / WL

• Watching the "Haegar having a beer" model in his signatures... you can notice he's a big beer drinker :D

taking the current stats, an eagle is bad, eccepting if it's the Pink eagle xD

Chars: [CFPD]Michael~something (x25), [CFPD]~SQMS~{[(store)]} (x3), [CFPD]xfer, Event~Manager~Michael, StarfIier~EM~Michael, Event_Team_2, [GR]Michael[SP] and a blueprint of [CFPD]Sephirothis

C'mon Hagaer probably does not have a starflier.
    ...Were u guys making fun of me on that one?
    I was just kiddding around.
    And a 'handicap'?

I think that we were all kidding around, Hellraiser. Not so much making fun of you -- more like continuing with your joke.

"Handicapping" is a common way to give a newer player an advantage when playing a sport against a more experienced player. For example:

• Golf Handicap = Number of points removed from a player's total score. A strong player with a "3" handicap playing a weaker player with a "10" handicap must win by more than 7 points.
    • Chess: A strong player might "spot" a newer player one or more "pieces" -- a pawn if the players are very close, a queen if they are far apart in strength.
    • Games with scores often have a "spread". If my team gives your team 5 points, then it means that we must have at least 5 more points than you in order to "win".

We know that you were kidding about "calling Haegar out". I thought it was funny, but I also knew that you don't stand a chance against any of the better players until you get more experience, so I suggested a handicap.

However, most of the realistic handicaps that I could think of were complicated to explain. You said that you are flying a Titan, which is the most heavily armored VHF in vanilla Freelancer, so I suggested that Haegar fly the most lightly-armored fighter in vanilla Freelancer -- the Starflier.

But it is a joke, because the Starflier is also the quickest-maneuvering vanilla fighter while the Titan is the slowest. So, the reality is that an experienced PvP pilot can probably still win easily in that contest -- perhaps more easily than if both of you had identical equipment.

That is what Michael meant when he laughed at my choice -- because the handicap would really work against you rather than against Haegar.

So the whole thing is just a bunch of people kidding around.

Cool?

EDIT...

Eagle?
    expects to win PvP in an eagle?

then why is he considered so dangerous?

:) I know that you are kidding about that, too, Hellraiser. But I am not sure whether you understand the entire joke. As Spiky and Michael said, an Eagle is actually one of the most "winning" fighters in MP because it hits hard and is highly maneuverable.

There is a video clip in an older thread here of Spiky chasing a worthy opponent with guns only -- not an easy pursuit. But Spiky has a fast PC (an advantage in MP), excellent skills, and is relentless. The result is that he takes down his target in less than a minute.

It is really a good training clip -- you can learn quite a bit just by watching him.

• please gimme the link.
    I was kidding till i said about the eagle.
    I have flown one. yes it is highly maneuverable but there is a disadvantage.....i have flown one.
    But who knows...since hagear is an experienced pilot.
    btw how much do u get if u kill a normal person in pvp?

meh.

• So, now I'm where all the other noobs land - or continuing explode - on exploration of Crossfire space.

[SIZE=3]STUCK IN HIRUGA[/SIZE]

I managed to find a repeatable methode to reach the "goodie"-selling station from the entry point.

I found the "speciality" around this station.

The hole near the station is a loophole and brings you just back.

On using the "speciality" I always land again at

and the circling around starts over 'n over again for hours, no matter what jumphole or combination of jumpholes I take.
    [SIZE=1]I've stoped counting how often I commited suicide out of sheer frustration in there.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=3]PLZ ! I'm begging on my knees.....[/SIZE] [SIZE=4]HELP ![/SIZE]

Superint_siggy_new.png

Am I a man ? I am. So - I got married. House, wife, children,everything.
    The FUULL catastrophy !

"MY MACHINE": Win 7 prof 64bit , i7 3770K , vtx HD7950 X-edition , 8 GB DDR3-2400 , Sandisk 256 ultra , 2TB Seagate, BenQ BL2710PT (2560x1440)

• Hey, don't laugh. I think YOU kn ow by yourself, how it is to get stuck there.

If you have a solution, I would be glad, if you would share it.

Superint_siggy_new.png

The FUULL catastrophy !

"MY MACHINE": Win 7 prof 64bit , i7 3770K , vtx HD7950 X-edition , 8 GB DDR3-2400 , Sandisk 256 ultra , 2TB Seagate, BenQ BL2710PT (2560x1440)

• If you wanna try:

from Kyoto base plot a course to the upper left corner on the map. on following the Hiruga jumphole willshow up on your map.

When IN Hiruga go to the nearby station, turn and

again a field od four jumpholes and a station, go to the station and do the same as before.

Then

,waht will get you to the "goodie"selling station.

And then..... well, I DON'T KNOW.......

Btw, I'm doing this on SP, since on trying a combination of jumpholes I won't get thrown back by server-crash:D .

Superint_siggy_new.png

The FUULL catastrophy !

Originally posted by NucNuc
    [SIZE=3]STUCK IN HIRUGA[/SIZE] ...
    [SIZE=4]HELP ![/SIZE]

NucNuc, I will give you the same advice that I gave Hayate earlier in this thread: This is the correct thread. All you have to do is to read the correct message! Here is the link:

http://www.swat-portal.com/php…&threadid=11015&page=2#30

The short version is that Hiruga is a maze, so make a map. It should only take an hour or so to map Hiruga. It is not large.