Tight budget and need new computer

There are 23 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by supercars.

• it is indeed 6-7 years old. it does have Windows XP/SP2
    1.should i keep the same case?
    2. how cheap would you say
    3. where would one get parts for a 7 year old Dell Dimension 4100 (yes...still white color)

i talked to my dad. he said he might take me to a pawn shop. do you think they will have something a little more current PC than my current setup?

Originally posted by Se\v/
    On a budget

if you use your old HDD and PC enclosure hoping your PSU can take it :)

No need for old HDD(or keep for extra space) and you can also throw your old PSU away now, keep your own case and dvd/cd drive's

And why buy a cheap dell....you could if you want buy a new bare bone and then add what you miss...seen a barebone for $111 only missed Memory, CPU, GFX card and HDD...it had the rest(Case, PSU, Motherboard)

but still i would use the case i had and buy a new 1 later(or spraypaint the one you got now)

P.S. Portal when your playing Crysis change your suit voice to Female ;) Yup...you can play that to then :) and you will see Juní or whatever that woman is called on the box of freelancer:D

Looks like her in a way huh

[6]

• Wow, Sev, well done! Same $500 (except for shipping, which is probly free with that big an order anyway), but now includes HDD & PSU!

Pawn shop might have something workable, but you'll have to do your homework to find compatible parts, depending on what they have available @ the time. I may have to junk my old comp and spend $500 myself 8o

My rig: i3-4130 Core Duo (3.4Ghz), Gigabit GA-B85-HD3 mobo, 8Gb PC1600ram, Samsung 2x 80Gb SATA RAID, Intel Integrated graphics, 3 optical drives, 23" Asus HD monitor + peripherals

Character names: Centaurian_Alpha & CA derivatives
    Founder: Independent Operators' Consortium (established 2006)

• So how did it go ?

I was thinking of spending 4250 dollars and then realized I had too little money. :P8o

I was looking to buy a video camera upto 875 dollars but saw that the $375 camera was better or nearly the same. 8o:D

I was also looking for a new PC and I love this thread. :)

THE FASTEST ONE