Capship Turrets & Engines

There are 4 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by supercars.

• I remember on one mod (cannot remember if it was Phoenix RPG or Monkey U) where I made the turrets for cap ships to only be used by what they where supposed to be on. Such as, you could not put a Battleship turret on a cruiser or gunboat, which they had many problems with people doing just that.

Now comes a question
    Could we do the same for engines by giving them classes for different types of ships? Say a light fighter has a class 1" engine heavy fighter has a "class 2" engine and so on all the way up to battleships.

Something like hp_gun_type except it would be hp_engine_type = hp_engine_special_1

Now this is just a thought I had. I have no idea if it will work or not but thought I would put it out for discussion.

• unless you plan to create an engine market where ppl can sell those ... well
    its possible to give ships different engines with different abilities

if you want to create an engine market it starts to get complicated since you will have to definy new engine classes
    you could use existing weapon classes to do so
    but that comes along with many problems

to create complete new engine classes/weapon classes you would need to add this to the FL source code
    actually that would be the first thing i would do if i would be able to get my hands on that source code

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• What about changing the name in the cmp file to something like DPEngine11 then code it to require DPEngine11 for different engine types before the engine could be attached to the ship. Then change each type of ship class to something different. DPEngine11, DPEngine22, DPEngine33 etc....

Hope this is making sense [7]

• dont think that this will work
    the hardpoint name has nothing to do with the hp class

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!