News categories list

Mar

Apr

From April 24th at 8 am PT to May 4th at 10am PT, on all platforms, Q will be returning outside of his usual seasonal timeframe, to re-ignite the festive season once more! The Winter Event will return for a brief period simultaneously on PC, Xbox One, and PlayStation 4, beginning on April 24th and running until May 4th. Who couldn’t use a little bit of extra festive cheer this time of year? While this special event is active, Q’s Winter Wonderland will be accessible as if the same event from 2019’s appearance was in place, allowing players to return to the frosty playground and participate in all of its usual activities to earn prizes and let off some steam! Also during this limited time return, players that have not completed their progress toward the 2019 Grand Prize Ship – the Fek’Irhi Fe’Rang Dreadnought Carrier [T6] – may once more earn Daily Progress towards this mighty vessel,

Jan

wc_uprez39t.gifThe annual CIC Fan Project of the Year voting is now in full swing! There's a wonderful lineup of nominees this year, so we know it can be hard to just pick one to vote for. The contest phase will end in a week or two, so now's your chance to help select the winner for 2020. Good luck to all the nominees!

Jun

New Features: Create a Jem’Hadar Captain: Create a Jem’Hadar Captain from the character select screen. These Captains begin at level 60 upon entering the game. After choosing a faction, Jem’Hadar Captains can fly most of their chosen faction’s ships. Upon completion of the new Gamma Quadrant Arc, Jem’Hadar captains will gain access to their chosen faction’s episodes prior to the events of the Gamma Quadrant Arc. All accounts will receive 1 free additional character slot to make a new Jem’Hadar Captain. For more details, please visit the Play as a Jem’Hadar blog at: Play as a Jem'Hadar in Victory is Life! | Star Trek Online Jem’Hadar Recruitment Event: For a limited time between June 5 and July 18, there will be a Jem’Hadar recruit event where all Jem’Hadar captains created during this time will be able to unlock rewards for the player’s entire account by completing

Jun

Aug

Oct

Broadcast Cobra has announced that its appeal for commodities has reached a successful conclusion, having received an overwhelming response from the galactic community.

Vast quantities of thorium, indium and superconductors were delivered to Sopwith Dock over the past week. These will allow construction of a megaship from which the organisation will broadcast its take on current events.

Alessandra Koa of Broadcast Cobra issued the following statement:

"We'd like to thank everyone who supported this campaign. We hope that wherever you are, you're always listening."

Pilots who contributed to the initiative can now collect their rewards from Sopwith Dock in the HIP 16038 system.

Dec

Adm_Maverick

is back with a big update on his papercraft Wing Commander fighters. He

recently shared

some of his templates and techniques on how to make these awesome little fighters with a home printer and scrap cardboard. Now the ships have been put to good use as part of a new tabletop game that Maverick is putting together. He's spent quite a bit of time playtesting with a friend, and the shots below show off some of their space combat in action. Looks like fun! You can find an elaborate breakdown of the rules and help discuss future refinements at the CIC Forums

here

maverick_papercraft53t.jpgmaverick_papercraft50t.jpgmaverick_papercraft51t.jpgmaverick_papercraft52t.jpgmaverick_papercraft54t.jpgmaverick_papercraft55t.jpgmaverick_papercraft56t.jpgmaverick_papercraft57t.jpgmaverick_papercraft58t.jpg

So been a little while since I posted on this project, but wow what an update I have for it.

First off, a friend and I got in basically a whole day of playtesting using some of the rules. And pretty much decided the rules needed to change.I'm just using little cardboard models I've assembled for game tokens at this point. Nothing

May

May

Michael Dürr makes very cool science fiction and fantasy sculptures, and his latest design is a Wing Commander classic. He's crafted the Exeter destroyer in pewter and then painted it with acrylics. There's a lot of wonderful detail here in everything from the hull plating and gun turrets to the windows and lights. There's even a starry black stand. It would fit right in to any collection alongside some of the higher end 3D prints that people have had made. Fans in the EU can actually make this happen and order a kit for themselves from his website

here

. Even if you're not located in the EU, check out his site for some of his other awesome designs!

pewter_exeter1t.jpgpewter_exeter2t.jpgpewter_exeter3t.jpgpewter_exeter4t.jpgpewter_exeter5t.jpg

This is my take on a model of a Exeter-Class-Destroyer. I sculpted it from green-stuff and casted it from pewter. It is made in the scale 1:5000 giving the model a length of 7,2 cm. The model consists of eleven parts. Once assambled I coloured it with

May

Jun

This is turning into a series!

Christian Klein

has found yet another DROSoft localization for Spain. This time it's Wing Commander 2. This one has a long of box text to translate, and the small instruction pamphlet has a very cool design with watermark silhouettes of all the ships on it. Relatively speaking, there's quite a few copies of Wing Commander 2 out there, but not this version of it! Really cool find!

wc2_spain1t.jpgwc2_spain2t.jpgwc2_spain3t.jpgwc2_spain4t.jpg

Thanks Spain! I recently found another neat Wing Commander 2 version to add to my small collection.

Jun

Oct

Star Trek Online is running a special weekend event where you can earn bonus Dilithium Ore by playing content throughout the game! It’s time to hit the drills, Captains! The Dilithium Ore event runs from 8AM PT Thursday, October 11th to 10AM PT Monday, October 15th. During the event, bonus Dilithium Ore will be provided for the following content: Vlugta Asteroid Field: 100% Bonus Dilithium Ore for Daily Mining Missions 100% Bonus to all Rich Dilithium Claims Fleet Dilithium Mine: 100% Bonus Dilithium Ore for Daily Mining Missions Everywhere else in the game 50% Bonus Dilithium Ore Dilithium rewards from completing Event Reputation Projects no longer receive a bonus. This excludes Event Reputation Projects Please note: The Dilithium Weekend does not effect rewards from the Endeavor system. We hope you enjoy this special event and we’ll see you

May

From Thursday, May 2nd at 8AM PT to Monday, May 6th at 10am PT, we are running a special weekend event where you can earn Bonus Commendation XP by completing any Duty Officer assignments! To those junior officers who work tirelessly in cramped Jefferies Tubes, perish namelessly on away missions, or provide the endless streams of reports and analysis necessary for a starship to function – this event is dedicated to you! During this event, you’ll gain a 50% increase in all Commendation XP earned by completion of Duty Officer assignments. You don’t need to do anything special for this bonus – it’s automatic. Receive a FREE* special Purple quality duty officer with a unique active roster power by speaking with your duty officer contact. For Starfleet officers and Romulan allies, this is an engineering Exocomp duty officer; for KDF officers and Romulan allies, it is a Reman duty

Dec

Blackstar Update
    The in 2019 released "Lost Fleet" update opened opportunities to release more story related content for Freelancer Crossfire without interfering with the main story of Crossfire. Lost Fleet ended with a cliffhanger, with the player being stranded on a space station in the middle of nowhere. Blackstar starts right there.

May

Jun