News categories list

Apr

L.I.F.'s recent 3D printing experiments have proven successful, so he's been able to take his exciting Excalibur model to a much larger scale. Now is't nearly 20 centimeters or 8 inches long, which is pretty respectable for such a detailed fabrication. The design is based on Klavs' Excalibur, which is a real winner. Keep it up!

lif_models7t.jpglif_models8t.jpglif_models9t.jpglif_models10t.jpg

And after 19 hours, here's the 20 centimetres long version. Really, really happy with it even though painting it will be a much more complex endeavour.

Thanks so much, Klavs, for this superb model of yours!

Oct

Look what's hiding in the 1994 Claw Marks: the Comm Relay logo is the planet from the cover of the 1992 Origin catalog! The planet is a painting by Terrell Powell and it was used for a bunch of different corporate things (press kit folders, convention signage and such). This is the version of Claw Marks included with Super Wing Commander.

clawmarks_commrelay1t.jpgclawmarks_commrelay2t.jpgClaw Marks' Comm Relay is also what we were referencing with Star Citizen's now ubiquitous Comm Links!

Aug

mythic_office2t.jpgSo, what is the biggest and baddest Wing Commander poster ever? While we've seen a lot of them, nothing compares to this beauty. Joe Garrity shows us that it's not the size of your Wing Commander III poster, it's how you display it! Mounted on a brushed plate steel disply board, this monolithic Wing Commander III advertising print is a whopping 8 feet long by 2 feet high and weighs in at over 40 pounds! Originally on display at Origin Systems in the mid-1990s, it was gifted to the Origin Museum by EA/Mythic when they closed in 2014. It was previously

displayed in the Mythic Lobby

along with other Origin/Wing Commander memorabilia. Joe's also provided a nice high res version of this photo

here

wc3_metalpostert.jpg

May

The Vadimo Patrons of Law, an Imperial organisation based in Vadimo, has announced plans to host an elaborate soirée in the Vadimo system.

A spokesperson for the organisation elaborated on the nature of the event:

"Let's be honest, things aren't great at the moment. We've got aggressive aliens on the doorstep and no one seems entirely sure what to do about it. So we thought – why not throw a big party? Give the people of Vadimo a chance to forget about their worries for a night. We want this to be the best party the system has ever seen. Or at least the best one of 3304."

To ensure that the event is a success, Vadimo Patrons of Law has placed an open order for a range of commodities, and has promised to reward pilots who deliver these goods to Sikorsky Station. The organisation has also placed a kill order on all ships on its wanted list, to guarantee that those delivering commodities to Sikorsky

Nov

Starfleet Engineers, in conjunction with the finest minds in singularity technology of the Romulan Republic, have finally made a breakthrough in investigating the incursions from the Galaxy of Great Sales, which occasionally merges with our own to set off the anomaly known as the “Flash Sale.” This newfound research has allowed Starfleet to create not one, not two, but three major sales over the next week! Keep checking back for more information on the great deals to come. For the first sale, from November 22nd at 8am PT to November 25th at 10am PT, we’re putting all Master Keys on sale for 30% off. Not only that, but the Infinity Lock Box is returning, fresh with its latest updates. Grab yourself some keys, and a chance at a great T6 ship of your choice! .share-footer a { margin: 20px 10px 10px 0; background: url(d7afaaa14e96d0d973f76157ae31ec5b1466398539.png) no-repeat 0 0;

Nov

Starfleet Engineers, in conjunction with the finest minds in singularity technology of the Romulan Republic, have finally made a breakthrough in investigating the incursions from the Galaxy of Great Sales, which occasionally merges with our own to set off the anomaly known as the “Flash Sale.” This newfound research has allowed Starfleet to create not one, not two, but three major sales over the next week! Keep checking back for more information on the great deals to come. For the first sale, from November 22nd at 8am PT to November 25th at 10am PT, we’re putting all Master Keys on sale for 30% off. Not only that, but the Infinity Lock Box is returning, fresh with its latest updates. Grab yourself some keys, and a chance at a great T6 ship of your choice! .share-footer a { margin: 20px 10px 10px 0; background: url(d7afaaa14e96d0d973f76157ae31ec5b1466398539.png) no-repeat 0 0;

Jan

”We are the Borg. Lower your shields and surrender your ships. We will add your biological and technological distinctiveness to our own. Your culture will adapt to service us. Resistance is futile.” The assimilated comms array broadcasts the message on repeat, diligently following its last directive even as a tractor beam drags the debris toward an Alliance vessel. The mood there is tense, the crew well aware of the risks. Understanding Borg technology is key to understanding the Borg, the assimilated species themselves, and possibly even to freeing them. As a society grows, it must confront the dangers of its own technology. The industrial revolution brought global warming, the atomic age brought M.A.D., and today the services that connect us have splintered us into isolated tribes of alternative facts. The inconvenient truth is that we must adapt or perish. The Borg are a terrifying

Jan

Priority alert to all captains from Admiral D’vak of Task Force Omega. The Borg have returned. The Borg Resurgence Event presents remastered versions of three of the most popular Borg Task Force Operations and pits you against the implacable advance of The Borg. This new Event is designed to celebrate these long standing operations, and gives players a new method of engaging with the classic nemesis in all their resurgent terror. Participating in this Event will give all players the opportunity to win a set of Cyclical Modulation Ground Weaponry (Pistol, Rifle, Assault) for their entire account! Keep reading for details on these items, how you can participate in the Event, and what additional prizes may be earned. The Borg are Adapting What do we mean by remastered? Well, like the Borg, our game is also adapting. We selected these three TFOs to update and remaster because of their popularity

Jan

Priority alert to all captains from Admiral D’vak of Task Force Omega. The Borg have returned. The Borg Resurgence Event presents remastered versions of three of the most popular Borg Task Force Operations and pits you against the implacable advance of The Borg. This new Event is designed to celebrate these long standing operations, and gives players a new method of engaging with the classic nemesis in all their resurgent terror. Participating in this Event will give all players the opportunity to win a set of Cyclical Modulation Ground Weaponry (Pistol, Rifle, Assault) for their entire account! Keep reading for details on these items, how you can participate in the Event, and what additional prizes may be earned. The Borg are Adapting What do we mean by remastered? Well, like the Borg, our game is also adapting. We selected these three TFOs to update and remaster because of their popularity

Jan

Second Officer’s Log, Supplemental My third night shift with the conn has been rather sedate thus far. Several members of the command staff are enjoying some off-duty entertainment in Holodeck Two; I believe it has something to do with a peculiar form of Terran mythology from the 20th century known as “super heroics.” The captain seemed amused by my tactical suggestions for the event, particularly regarding the inefficiency of capes in close combat situations. “All decks have reported in,” Ensign Chen said from the Operations station. “We’re ready to begin the system maintenance sweep at your command.” Second Officer Stoln nodded from the center chair while calling up a display to monitor the procedure. “Very well, Ensign. Begin the procedure, starting with deck 30.” The young Vulcan officer studied the holographic readout emitted from the command chair’s armrest and

Dec

Oct

Aug

May

When Victory is Life launches on June 5th, the players of Star Trek Online will be taking a trip back to one of the most beloved series in Star Trek history, Star Trek: Deep Space Nine. We’ve already heard from so many of you how much you love the brand new interior of the venerable space station at the heart of that show, but we wanted to share the experience with some of the people who actually lived it. J.G. Hertzler, Chase Masterson, and Max Grodenchik all came by Cryptic Studios to record their voice parts for Victory is Life, and we had our Environment Artist Nick Duguid take them on a tour of the environment team’s meticulous recreation of the sets where they spent seven years. Take a look at the experience that Chase Masterson described as “coming home again.” .share-footer a { margin: 20px 10px 10px 0; background: url(d7afaaa14e96d0d973f76157ae31ec5b1466398539.png)

Feb

Oct

Technology journalist Harlow Nassry has published an article in The Federal Times regarding a mysterious criminal group known only as 'the Collective':

"Several recent digital crimes, including the theft of a billion credits from Zachary Rackham, have now been attributed to the Collective. Security forces have launched investigations, but it seems that the name is already well known among hacker communities."

"The Collective is a group of anti-authority 'hacktivists' who believe that all information should be publicly available. It has existed for some years, but until recently its activities have been small scale."

"Nobody knows the identity of the group's members, which has no spokespersons or apparent leaders. As anarchists, they delight in flouting the law, believing that all data should be in the public domain – except, of course, data about themselves."

"Some see the Collective as

Nov

As the rogue signal sources draw closer to human-occupied space, work is underway to initiate peaceful inter-species negotiations.
    Dr Elias Pope is a graduate of Orion University with degrees in interstellar relations, political science and xenology. He has recently joined the Kingfisher megaship's crew to oversee the Thargoid Advocacy Project's diplomatic mission. In an interview with Vox Galactica, Dr Pope explained his role:
    "Like most of the Kingfisher's crew, I volunteered to take part in this operation. It feels like my whole professional life has been leading to this opportunity. Many of the fine people here feel the same way I do. If there's even a chance that we might begin properly talking to the Thargoids, well… it'll be historic."
    "Luria , my assistant, tells me there are some media-friendly names for these anomalies now. As a scientific purist, she's very unhappy about that! This

Apr

Starting April 25th, new Dreadnought Cruisers are being made available on the C-Store for Federation and Klingon characters, and their respected allied members among the Romulan and Dominion factions. These new vessels will be available in both Non-Fleet and Fleet variants. Special Introductory Pricing Discount! From April 25th until April 29th, you can get these ships for 2400 ZEN each when purchased individually, or a bundle with both ships, a Fleet Ship module, and 5 Master Keys for the price of 4000 ZEN! This means, when purchasing the bundle, you’ll be able to get the fleet version of one of the ships as well. Thereafter, they will return to their normal pricing at 3000 ZEN when purchased individually, or 5000 ZEN for the Bundle. Fleet versions of each of these starships will unlock upon completing your Fleet Starbase’s Tier 1 Shipyard. The standard Fleet Module discounts apply if you

Jul

albumkickstarter_goodies25t.jpgAs promised, Wing Commander composer George Oldziey has extended his weekly series of blogs with a new topic on the effects of the coronavirus. In his new article, he reflects on the impact to the industry and expresses gratitude for being able to work on a variety of projects like his Wing Commander remasters from the safety of his private studio. Check out his new post here.

My original training was as a performer (originally trumpet and now piano), and only much later in my life did I veer towards musical composition. I never abandoned my love of performing, which also gave me inspiration and motivation to compose music that I could perform myself...