Upcoming Nerfs in STO

There are 2 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by SWAT_OP-R8R.

• Cryptic is doing it again.
    By the comments the developers are going to nerf 3/4 of the abilities.

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• They lost me with the overhaul of the skill system. I tried to get into STO lately but was soon lost again.
    Until they decided to go this step i liked that i slowly got how i can take care of skills and advance them into one or another direction. But then everything i gained was more or less lost. And hell, this skill system is not the easiest to understand. Especially if you didnt made any backups of what you hade before.

That was the worst decision they ever could do, imo.

signature.png

• Yes, every year they to a complete overhaul of a key gameplay element that forces you to create complete new builds for all your chars.
    And then they dont even really tell you what has been changed or how to understand the changes.

I have a significant amount of chars and everytime it takes me multiple weeks to reskill them and get new equipment just to be able to do a halfway good amount of damage in combat.

The rebalances they do are so stupid and inconsistent.
    In 2016 they have done 2 nerfs to hangar pets and now with the upcoming patch they buff the pets again to a level that is ridiculous.
    In 2016 they started to sell lockboxes with starship traits for crossfaction use. They certainly made alot of money with that. Now they simply let players claim the traits if the trait exist on the account.

And the best console ever ... the most expensive console... plasmonic leech which is the backbone of every good build is getting nerfed by nearly 90%.
    The console was able to drain up to 50 energy from enemy ships and restored your weapon energy.... now it can drain roughly 6-7 energy which is not even enough to power just one of the 8 weapons of an average cruiser.
    Cryptic shows the middle finger to all the players which have spent large amount of time and money for the game.

And guess what... I would bet my last money that soon cryptic will introduce the next best consoles and traits to the players.
    These nerfs have just one reason: to promote future sales

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!