unable to use crossfire 2.0 multiplayer no errors

There are 3 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by Shockwave.

• hi everyone. I am not sure if this is were i should post this but here it goes. I have downloaded everything properly and when i go to click on multiplayer it doesn't do anything. all it says is starting update, but it never brings up an update. i let it sit for 3 days to see if it just needed a while to find the update but nothing ever happened. I don't understand whats going on. I am running windows xp service pack 3. if anyone can explain this problem then i would be very grateful.

• Well, probably windows xp is the problem.
    It is a totally outdates OS which does not support current software standards any longer.

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• Hello Bremen69,
    I am using Windows XP SP3 and Crossfire works just fine. It looks like something in your system blocks CF launcher from connecting to the internet - try checking your Firewall or Anti-virus software settings. (In my system, Windows Firewall is active but I pushed "Unblock" when launching CF for the 1st time; I am also running the game with administrator rights.)

There is one more thing you should know: in Windows XP, updating CF for the 1st time requires that you rename Freelancer.exe to something else, then launch it and let it download updates, then close the launcher and delete your renamed file (a new Freelancer.exe will already be there). Otherwise the launcher updater will not be able to do its work. (This is an XP problem only.)

Hope this helps.

- Wanderer -

P.S. We have a nice Bugtracker tool here (Tools -> Bugtracker) for topics like this, please give it a try next time :)

• I had a similar error on Windows 7 Ultimate, it just wouldn't update.

I fixed it by going to Freelancer/EXE folder, deleting the cfwd.exe (moved it to a different folder at first, just to be safe), and then running update (Freelancer.exe). Crossfire updated normally and would enter the game.

|DP|Shock · |DP|Shockwave · |DP|Skyfall · |DP|Red.Dwarf