Frieighter with low lvl shields

There are 4 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by Martind Forlon.

• makes no sense. decided to buy bullpup freighter been a while and i like to relook at ships. first ship i have found with no installed shield, ok will buy one, class1 shield max. lvl 7 mounting.not hard to work out undocking from nuetro station yep all hell breaks loose. after 3rd attempt one beat up derelict limped to n/y. crashed on to the deck burning at rochester. due to too long in space also reminds me bought a b/s and no weapons, had to fly unarmed to a close system with weapons to mount. unless i have lost the plot reasonable items to mount should be at the same place and as a pilot progresses through the systems can update. silly as it sounds you don,t buy a car with no doors and drive in the rain to somewhere else to buy them.

• A reason why is a good idea to be friendly/neutral with local NPCs when you want buy a freighter (there is not big difference for shields 1 vs 7 lvl ... :| ) :)

... btw its little weird that ship (freighter) not had its basic shield installed ... which ship it was?

• A reason why is a good idea to be friendly/neutral with local NPCs when you want buy a freighter (there is not big difference for shields 1 vs 7 lvl ... :| ) :)

... btw its little weird that ship (freighter) not had its basic shield installed ... which ship it was?

the bullpup freighter martind and i disagree with your opening statement too. there is a lot of different factions around neutro station especially with jumpgate near.yes i,m aware of the situation there. but the ships should have some reasonable defence in that case. and what you happen to dock somewhere and see a ship worth a look but first i better run around bribes first come on. with respect how many pilots would do that or in the case of newbie,s even know.surely if you buy a ship you would be expecting to fit it out for space with a reasonable equipment.

• New char can be made neutral to most of Sirius npc in 2-3 minutes after it creation right in NY without any bribe. If you want do it more precise, then is better check first rep guides in our wiki (link). But that is fully on players if want troubles with npcs or not.

What you describe looks as not a new char used for buy freighter since problems at neutro happens usually only if you are hostile to some legal (trading) npc faction (and theirs legal friends). I get used maintain first reputation before buy any economy ship and its my first advice to do so ... if player decide do things on his own, then i say good luck :) . ... Coustodian is imo not a place where newbies should go ...

Freighters are generally not usable (unless you really know what you are doing) for harder fights and this pays twice for new pilots. Ship are not coming with the best equip, and this also for VHFs (its a long time since i tried bullpup, some other freighters come with 7 lvl (max) shield). I think here on portal can everyone get alot advices how to start smoothly IF he want to and is not shy to ask. Still .. freighter have mostly stronger hull so you should be able escape in most of cases ("safe cruise" can come handy).

• @all
    Ive updated lexicon article with Protector Fr. Shield. Please if you will know some other places where can be purchases, give me know. ... data source used for actual table is little old :)