Posts by wardeagz

The changes to the speed of money-making, if as drastic as this one, require a char wipe, so that everyone has the same conditions, especially if the change was to slow things down.
    We have too rich ppl who wouldnt need to trade until 2015 even if they pvp'd 300x each day.
    This way it's unfair towards the new players. They will have to put much more hard work to build their chars the same way as some of us.

True, we may have to put down a lot more work to get all the good stuff, but the basics of trading has never changed. I started making millions almost right off the boat, and back on FLU, we didn't have that luxury.
    Here you make a few mill, find a better freighter/transport, make some more mills, find even better freighters/transports, and the wheels on the bus go round and round..

Just for comparison: on Freelancer Universe (a vanilla server with an optional addon mod that allowed for purchasing Armored Transports, Transports, Large Transports and all of the Capital ships), the trade runs were allways the good old vanilla ones, but the prices for each ship were multiple times higher. For example, the Large Transport had 1600 cargo, could not dock ANYWHERE, had no shields, handled like an aircraft carrier and cost about 75 mill. The best Armored Transport had 500 cargo, handled pretty much like the one here, had better guns, no shields, but some 37.000 hit points and cost 10 mill.. My favorite choice for the Cambridge/Beta run.
    Gunboats - 100 mill... Battleships - 500 mill... No docking for capships either. Oh, and we had to buy all of these directly from the Admins, 'cept for the AT's.
    See where I'm getting at?

Even though times have changed here, I find it very easy to trade. And not to mention getting capships, as well as actually flying them.. :)

In my opinion, all transports and capships could easily have been priced 10 times higher.

I know my words probably don't mean much around here, being a fairly new and a pretty much anonymous player. But I do have insightful qualities that has been among my strengths in the past, which made me a really good and respected clan leader.

It seems that quite a few people here are highly unappreciative for OP's efforts to keep an evolving server up and running. From what I've seen so far, I can not find one agrument to support the shit that's been thrown into OP's face!
    I found Crossfire 1.82 to be a refreshing start after falling off my previous home server (Freelancer Universe, btw), and OP has made a great job with Crossfire, and does so with a dedication I have not seen since the creator of the original Freelancer Evolutions mod (which IMO is the Godfather of all heavy and original mods).

I really appreciate OP's work. I'm not saying that Crossifre is perfect, but it's damned near the closest thing I've ever seen, and I've tried pretty much every mod out there..

Cheers to you, OP! Keep it up!

The issue about newer players, even at lvl 38 when getting logged and friendly with the Navy who control that base, they can't buy the weps sold there like being unfriendly.

I figured I couldn't be the only one with that problem. I'm guessing that all pre-1.82 charcters were imported to the 1.82 update?

While speaking of the wrecks... How often do the server restarts occur?

An just a quick note: wouldn't it be possible to make sure that the wrecks doesn't show any weapons while they are empty?
    I've seen that on other servers using FLAC.

i took a look at the included code
    problem is i can not find something that would explain it as ive not even done changes going in this direction
    probably this is a side effect of another change but it will take some time to find out

Thank you, sir! I appreciate your effort! :)

But at least I was able to buy the Phoenix cannons on Earth! :)
    Looks like I'll be farming various factions for the rest of the guns I need. I could use the practice anyways! :D

Thank you for your reply! :)

Well, the Justice guns aren't my main concern. Getting high-grade guns is, however..
    Allthough, this seems to affect guns and turrets only. I am able to buy high-grade launchers, shields and upgrades from pretty much everyone.

My reputation with the factions I'm trying to procure these guns from are maxed out friendly, and looking at the datafiles, I should be able to buy them.

I cheked the file for the Adv. Debilitator at Detroit Munitions:
    (I think this is the right one...)

MarketGood = co_gun02_mark04, 26, 0.500000, 10, 10, 0, 1

Meaning, I need to be at least level 26, and have a faction relation of 0.5. I'm not sure of the other values.
    But currently, I'm level 51 with a Griffin VHF, and my relation with Ageira would be 0.9, so I don't see why I'm unable to buy the Debbies.. :|

Overall, I'm only able to buy the two lowest class of guns and turrets from each friendly base I've been to, and I've covered most of the vanilla systems.

I've wiped, reinstalled FL and redownloaded Crossfire - still no dice... :S

Hi all!

Been a while since I last played here, but when I got the news about the latest release, I couldn't help myself! :D

But in any case, how come I'm not able to buy even mid-range weapons from factions that I have a maxed out friendly rep with?
    I can't even get a Justice Mk.III from Manhattan, let alone class 8-9 guns like Debbies and Tizzies... :S

Is there any reason as to why it's like this?

Apart from this, Crossfire is looking SWEET!! 8)

Haven't been in Altair yet... Still snooping around on both new and old systems.. :D

GFX and DX wise, I never have any probs with that. (see bottom of post ;) ) Nonetheless, FL is using DX 8, right?

If we can meet, I will be glad to further investigate this issue. I should be able to get on at around 12pm (GMT), and throughout the day.

Black; maybe you could meet up, too? Since we're having the same probs, we could provide with better details to this matter! ;)

For those that are specially interested, here's the specs on my rig:

Case: A+ Monolize Big Tower.
    Case Coolant: 2 x 250mm stock fans w\blue LED's (side), 1x 80mm Akasa w/blue LED's (rear).
    MB: EVGA CK-NF68 680i SLI A1 @ 1333Mhz FSB.
    CPU: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 @ 3.0Ghz (overclocked).
    CPU Coolant: Thermaltake MaxOrb 120mm
    RAM: Corsair Dominator PC2-8500 DDR-2, 4Gb (4x 1Gb) @ 1066Mhz.
    RAM Coolant: Corsair Dominator Airflow Fan.
    GFX: 2x EVGA e-GeForce 8800GTS 512 SSC, GPU @ 771Mhz, Shader @ 1836Mhz, RAM @ 512MB - 1100Mhz (2200Mhz effective)(overclocked).
    AUDIO: Creative X-Fi Extreme Gamer Fatal1ty Professional 64Mb
    HDD: WDC 250Gb, WDC 500Gb, Iomega External 500Gb.
    PSU: Fortron/Source Epsilon 700W.
    OS: Windows XP Pro w/SP2 + Windows Vista Home Premium x64 w/SP1
    DX: DX 9.0c (WinXP) and DX 10 (Vista)

Currently running FL Crossfire on Vista, and use FL on WinXP for other servers.

Dual boot FTW!! :D

Originally posted by Ozymandius
    Where was this hapening..ie system. Was it always here or in other locations? I ask as I shall duplicate and see what happens. I also run fraps to catch it on myself or on you. Im sure Huor will hope as well.

It happened in pretty much every system I went trough - New York, Texas, Hudson, Hamburg, New Berlin, Sigma 13 and so on, plus a few of the new systems.
    So I don't think it had anything to do with the location.

Originally posted by Black
    I could survive those crashes by turning down my effect bar in the options, others were still kicked

If turning down the effects worked, then it is likely that the effects are bugged, isn't it? Maybe altering those could solve the problem, client and server wise.

Guns Only ftw

Hell yeah!! :D

Originally posted by SWAT_OP-R8R
    doesnt makes much sense
    the weapon is not different from others
    and if it would b bugged then i dont understand why it does not crash while using the weapon but when the ship explodes

It could have something to do about the modded behavior of the NPC's, maybe?

If we could try it in PVP combat, we could see if it affects other player deaths as well..

It is strange, nonetheless..

@ magnet: I doubt that it is a buggy/corrupt install. The mod wouldn't have worked unless I had a perfectly clean install, as I have.. It could be that it has something to do with my copy of FL being a Ubisoft release... Which was already pre-patched, if I remember correctly..

I remember having trouble with a mod in the past, though, (Evolutions, 1.28 I think..), due to different version numbers of the Freelancer.exe file.. Could the Ubisoft version have the same issue with Crossfire?

Nope it is propably the Adv. Debs you are using. Turn them off and report if it works please(worked for me at least).
    Im was having the same problems and this would proove my theory that the Debilitators are bugged somehow.

You were absolutely right!
    I disabled the Deb during combat, and it worked like a charm!

I also tried using the Deb for shield killing only, and using the other weapons for the kill itself, but it crashed nonetheless... Looks like even just one shot from the Adv Deb is enough to make the game crash.

So, I guess that's proof enough that the Adv Debilitator is indeed bugged! Hope this can get sorted in the future..

Thanks mate! 8)

Originally posted by -=[T-R-F]=-Huor_Súrion

Disabling the 3d sound didnt work or even with disabling the crashes continues?

I meant that it didn't make a difference.
    I've looked though the guide, but there's nothing useful that addresses my issues.. :(

I sold the Bullpup in favor for a Valkyrie, to see if it is related to a bug in the ship, but still the same thing happens..
    Tried changing the equipment... same thing.. :(

I tried killing NPC's with a new character, tough. And it worked like a charm!

Could it be character corruption?

Hey all!
    Been playing on the server for a couple of days now, and I'm impressed! :]

But recently, a few problems have occured; whenever an NPC dies in my vicinity, either by myself or other NPC's, the game crashes instantly.
    I've been looking around the forum for similar problems, but it seems that no one has addressed such problems..

I noticed this problem when I got myself a Bullpup Mk.I heavy fighter, and loaded it up with Heavy Flashpoints and an Adv. Debilitator.. Think that it might be the reason for the crashes?

I've tried disabling 3D sound, but that doesn't seem to work..
    As for the game itself, I did a complete wipe of the FL files, including FLMM, and did a clean install, with no patches or SDK's..

Hope anyone can help! ?(