Posts by Misery

Server up, lots of discos though. Economy data didn't get downloaded looks like.

Oh well still cookies for all.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Oops spoke to soon. We are down again.

Hello all,
    First off I know this is in the wrong section, I tried to look for a better section to put this question but could find none. So if a mod see this please inform me where to stick this question so in the future I can keep the forum boards clean.

Here is the question: I have seen a lot of peoples signatures, very large and gorgeous. I am a Flash Developer and would like to add a signature using flash. I need to know what i would need to do to add it. I know we use the IMG tag to setup an external image that is hosted somewhere on the net, Can I use that same tag to direct my signature to a swf file off my personal web host? If not, then does anyone know the correct tag or syntax to use so i may point it to my website to use the swf file.

I really appreciate anyone's help and if someone can help me to get a Flash Signature in my Sig I will create them one also.

YAY, Thanks Lucy for allowing me to purchase a Large Transport. It is so purdy, and BIG. My character Aden has it now. Thanks again and thanks for telling me where to get it. :)

As darkjedi said, you will have to dual-box, just make sure you have a good fast connection or it will be like your downloading and you'll be jumping all over the screen.

Agreed a real time fluctuating economy, that is changed solely by the demand and supply of goods, would absolutely be awesome. You sell 10000 prisoners to Stutgart and all of a sudden your not making 1400 for each, but 700 since you now have overloaded their prisons and they will need to be offloaded some where else. This would be awesome, but as OP said, the server lag would also be just as awesome unfortunately.

Great idea though, these types of ideas is what keeps the mods evolving. Keep it coming, soon OP will be able to devise a way for this to work without killing us lag wise. Soon.

Originally posted by magnet
    oops MP my bad.

still - if it was CF bug, all the Daumann Armored Transport infocards for all of us would show like that. It's just that you have a corrupted install...

oh and **moved**

No worries, i do that all the time. I also took your advice and have done a completely new installation and also reinstalled the mod. I am going to be checking around to see if I still have the error. If I do I will repost to see if we can get someone else to recreate it.

But at the time I was moving cargo from Planet New Berlin through the trade lanes on the southern side of the map in New Berlin, so if anyone wants to take a stroll through the southern trade lanes to see if they can also see another of these Daumann Armored Transports moving through. That would at least start the process of checking if this is definitely an issue with my comp or a server wide issue, since this problem can be easily done, by just deleting the some spaces accidentally from the line below the line with the info about the Armored Transport, on the infocards.

Thanks all for helping and also to magnet for the suggestions.

Originally posted by magnet
    to me it looks more like you have a buggy/corrupted/f-ed up installation (messed up infocards is a symptom) - I had one of these a really long time ago. a reinstall solved it.

btw why do u have a train in SP and why you haven't put any guns on it? :))

This is live mult-iplayer, not SP. This is the Large Transport and it uses Battleship weapons which cost 10 mil each. Not worth it, just keeping this thing long enough to buy a Soulforge. [13]

Hey guys I found a bug, and I wasn't quite sure this is place to put it. So if it isn't please move it to the proper area.

As you can see by the picture that one of the freighter types has an error with it's infocards and how it is displayed.

Here is the pic:

I am not sure which file this freighter is in, I haven't come across it yet since I am reviewing all the infocards to correct grammatical errors and spelling issues. If you guys can tell me which file this in I will make sure I keep an eye out for it and change it for 1.8.

Thanks,
    Misery

Originally posted by Centaurian

IMO, the choices are ample, and I have never had an easier time making $$ on a FL server than CF. My freeighter fleet includes 2 APC's, one Armored Transport (430 cargo) and a Large Transport (700 cargo, plus BS turrets & good armor). I prefer these ships to trains, as they are more manoeverable, dock universally, and you can actually do missions in them! :D

Do you know where the Large Transport is sold?

Originally posted by SWAT_OP-R8R
    i dont want high profit routes on my server
    so simple is that
    those destroy the fun of making money

Agreed, if there were easy high profit routes everywhere, the Dynamic Economy function would useless and not needed. The Dynamic Economy is what adds the spice to the trading value of the game.

There is also the APC Freighter which I use, it has 450 cargo and massive amounts of weapon slots up to class 10. You can get it from Nephele at Hessian Base there, for about 10 million credits. I like it, but I also see where your going with this conversation and i agree with you, freighters are either black or white, a little cargo hold or a HUGE cargo hold. There really isn't anything in the middle, maybe with 1.8 there will be an introduction of new freighters.