Posts by jm02130

So I have a problem that I haven't seen reported before. I know crossfire works on my pc because it installed before.

So I use a clean freelancer install, clean the registry, get rid of all the old folders. Reinstall mod manager 1.31, downloaded from the SWAT portal. Replace the Freelancer executable with the "no cd" version, since I'm running windows 10. Freelancer runs.

Then I install Crossfire 2.0. Installation seems to go fine. Then when I go to mod manager, the mod manager says it's already activated. But when I start crossfire I get no launcher, so I can't choose the "crossfire Edison Trent" or any of the other options. When I go to play the game, it looks like vanilla Freelancer, unmodded.

What am I doing wrong?

I'm new to multiplayer. How does chat work? Someone initiated a chat (and kindly gave me some nice euqipment) but I didn't even know how to say thank you. I could see the player when I clicked on chat. How can I talk to someone?

Hi all--

My old PC died and I'm trying to play Crossfire 2.0 on a Dell Inspiron with lousy graphics. I'm running Windows 10. How can I get Crossfire 2.0 to play at a screen resolution of less than 1900x1200? It seems to be stuck at 1900x1200 and I can't change it, as I can could with plain vanilla Freelancer (which runs fine in this Dell at 1280x1024). I've tried running Crossfire on the lowest performance settings but even that doesn't speed up the frame rate very much. There is also considerable mouse lag.

I tried changing the screen resolution in the perfoptions file but that didn't work. The choice of graphics cards for this Dell with its 300 watt power supply is fairly limited. I've ordered one that Dell says is compatible but that may not be enough.

I usually run at 1900x1200 for non-graphics intensive programs (e.g. excel). Would it help to reduce my normal screen resolution and reinstall Crossfire? My thanks in advance for any advice you can give me (other than a new computer).

I'm sorry if I annoyed you.

I reinstalled the .exe file that came with Crossfire 2.0 (as you know it's in the EXE subfolder in the mod manager) and finally noticed the little tool icon in the lower right. You have to change the shader before attempting to update files. I was able to change the shader to plain vanilla FL and the program now launches. I also see the open SP option.

Question: If I play open SP, will I be able to skip the Freelancer missions and still do the crosssfire missions, or is it 100% open?

For me the launcher launcher updates the singleplayer files after I select singleplayer, and then crashes. I did not see an option to select a different shader.
    BTW this is a fairly new and powerful Dell desktop running Windows 10 pro. It's not some one-off PC.

I only play single player, not on line, so read my comments accordingly.

1. It's difficult to get Freelancer with Crossfire 2.0 working in Windows 10, although I have done so. You need to activate the mod, then when the executable crashes, replace it with the old "No CD" executable, and Freelancer with Crossfire 2.0 will run.

2. There is no "breathing room" after a player finished the Freelancer storyline before the new missions begin. No matter how much money you have, you are stuck with the equipment you had after the last "Nomad City" mission. And when you try to deviate from the Crossfire missions to enter systems where the equipment you want is located, the gates are locked. Why not leave everything unlocked and let players upgrade their ships, shields, etc? I know from playing Crossfire 1.9 that the missions in Coalition and Dom Kavash space are extremely difficult without the best equipment.

3. There is no open singleplayer option.