Posts by magnet

regarding rapidshare, megaupload and all those other sites that make you wait, type some stupid codes, then wait some more, then cancel your download if you don't click in time -- SkipScreen ftw :)

Originally posted by PipeHitter
    anyone know the going rate for a valid copy of Win7 upon release this October?

Approx. these numbers:

Windows 7 Home Premium: $120 for upgrade; $200 for full version
    Windows 7 Professional: $200 for upgrade; $300 for full version
    Windows 7 Ultimate: $220 for upgrade; $320 for full version

You might be able to pre-order, but I think that all major stores are out-of-stock, since there was a massive boom of Win7 pre-orders when they became available.

Originally posted by Portalearth
    basically, when Win7 goes public, those who have the beta will have their computer restart every two hours, at least till the beta consumer has bought windows 7

Get your facts straight, mate! ;)
    Beta bi-hourly (that means every 30 minutes) shutdowns began July 1st, 2009.
    RC will start shutting down sometime about July, 2010 (so I still have a year or so of free Windows ^^).

Everyone who's on Beta (7000) should've upgraded to RC (7100) a long time ago :P

PS: And no, I don't see a reason for dual-booting any obsolete OSs :D

Hmm maybe try running the regsvr thingy elevated?
    try Start -> "command prompt" -> right-click -> "run as administrator" -> type in the regsvr thingy

There are like a googol threads here about msinet.ocx ;)

Solution: open start -> run -> copypasta

Code
    1. regsvr32 "C:/Program Files/Microsoft Games/Freelancer/Exe/MSInet.ocx"

(adjust path if needed)

Hope this helps.

Post if you need more [any] help ;)

Originally posted by assault911
    cuz PCI is slow and APG is fast

PCI (the one you're talking about) < AGP < PCIE (the one I'm talking about) :)

Get a PCIE (PCI Express) card if you can -- they're the fastest ;)

AFAIK PCI isn't used nowadays, and AGP is totally outdated when compared to PCIE. You won't find a GeForce 200-series AGP card ;)

The license+voice idea would kinda go with my idea that clans should be made into FL factions, so that hostile clans see each other as hostile (red), and vice-versa :)

I see it like this:
    Crossfire merges Freelancer with Starlancer
    Discovery just adds to Freelancer

Also, Crossfire has just one server, while (AFAIK) anyone can host a Discovery server - this has increased Disco's popularity