Posts by kyle2

It didn't work!!! :( (But it did run just slightly more smoothly)

I changed the location of the folder to the C drive and it still came up with run time error! What's wrong!! It's so devastating! :( :(

Yeah, that's actually a default folder created by the computer (like my documents or my pictures etc.). I might try it in a different location and hope it works i.e. straight into the C drive or in the program files.

Still not very sure its the problem though but I'll give it a shot

Thanks though. :)

Well I did change the location to what you said and it still crashed (but glitched like 3 times before it did :( ).

It now says: Runtime error

Program: C:\Users\Kyle\Saved Games\Freelancer\EXE2\Freelancer.exe

Location still wrong..?

I seriously wonder if this mod is more trouble than its worth. But I'm still persisting because I think its really cool.

I have tried to play this part of the story again and again but it keeps crashing at the same time (this is when we destroy the first Nomad Carrier shortly after arriving in the Sol System for first time). It says:

Runtime error

Program: ... Freelancer\Freelancer unused-backup\EXE2\Freelancer.exe

Can someone help resolve this? Would be really great! :) Sucks not be a techy guy!

Didn't work in the end :( . No nomad ships when I went straight after the original Story line ended. But I got class 10 weapons, so maybe I will make it. Although not to certain for the energy drain it will cause me. We'll see!

Actually, may I find nomads in the unknown system while I'm doing the original story line in Kusari???

So, although the new storyline starts right after the original, I should just fly completely away from the way points straight to the unknown system, where I can kill nomad ships and get their weapons, then fly back to Manhattan and follow the waypoints to New Berlin? (Before I flew through part of the way points to Texas and I guess that kind of stuffed it up?)

Would the sabre ship with all weapons class 10 be able to cope in terms of energy use? I used the Anubis before and got to the point where I reached the Hyperion? Jump gate in Dublin (with class 6 weapons I think) and I only managed to make a slight dent in the enemy's shields.

After finishing the original freelancer storyline, it immediately goes onto the new storyline i.e. go to New Berlin. Before going there I travelled all the way from Manhattan to Omicron Alpha and to the Unknown system (where playing without crossfire installed, you can shoot up many nomads to get their weapons). However, I found absolutely no Nomad ships and waited for ages; so I didn't get their weapons :(

Is there a reason why??( And is there somewhere else I can get them from maybe?

I am installing crossfire again and following instructions, but have run in to a similar problem I had before.

I got the freelancer folder restarted and I put that somewhere in my games folder.

I then installed the FLMM (v1.3)

I then installed crossfire 1.9 which went into the mods folder, within the FLMM folder.

After opening FLMM it asks for the freelancer's directory. I click on the location of the freelancer folder which contains Freelancer.EXE, but it keeps saying unable to find freelancer directory.??

Will the sabre get me through though? Its from the original version of freelancer, yet there are some newly introduced ships from the creation of the mod (which I assume would be far stronger than the sabre wouldn't they?)

Can you buy the Cayman in single player? And where can you get CODENAME guns from?

Hi,

I haven't been back here for a while and I've just finished the first part of the story line (original) and have begun the additional story to Crossfire 1.9. I have completed some of the missions, but after arriving in New London and travelling to through the Dublin system to the Hyperion jump gate, I got absolutely slayed by outcasts! (I think they were outcasts). I know there are the extra added ships that have been added to the mod, but what ship should I buy and where from :S ? + what guns?

Will this affect any game play? I obviously wont be going into all those systems since I have a weak ship and haven't finished the first storyline (I have been too busy to do any crossfire for a while).:D

:huh: Just wandering (and curious), but is the custodian system suposed to be accessible before the first storyline (original) has finished. I was able to access it when I was like... level 1 and I was able to go further into those other systems. Reason I ask is because their technology and mission level difficulty is much much more advanced than in Liberty etc.