Posts by Whiskyrunners_Inc.

time to share a small but interesting pair of keybind files with you.

save both files to the Live subdirectory of your STO installation.

then type

Code
    1. /bind_load_file ping.txt

into chat and hit enter.

now your Substract (-) key toggles display of network infos (like ping).

As with all keybinds in STO the game handles 3 different sets of controls (space / ground rpg / ground shooter), so if you want this functionality in all 3 environments you have to assign the bind in all 3 of them.

Files

• ping.txt

(52 Byte, downloaded 2 times, last: )
    • ping_off.txt

(48 Byte, downloaded 1 times, last: )

Guess i'll have to publish the whole build soon, 'til then have a look at the Gateway link.

Ship is a Fleet T'Varo (will be changed to a Fleet Dhelan for the 5 Tac Consoles once our KDF Fleet makes T2 Military and i have the zen).

Build is basically all out damage & crits (base Crit-chance ~18.4% atm iirc) with Plasma [CrtD]x2 [CrtH] weaponry. 3 DHC + 1 DBB fore and 2 turrets & cutting beam aft.
    Using 2 Embassy consoles for further plasma damage and Flow Capacitor Skill (which boosts the energy drain from plasmonic leech as well as Tertyon & Polaron procs for example).

Borg deflector & engines for the hull heal proc + best resilient shield you can get (using Jem'Hadar atm for the kinetic resists mainly, gonna upgrade to MACO XII or Advanced / Elite Fleet once i get access.

pre-load 2-3 Beam overloads for nasty spike damage and you can take down most shield facings very quickly if the others' Tac Team is down.
    other then that i'm running Cannon Rapidfire II & III in PvP (switching Boffs to Scatter Volley for PvE).

Boff Stations (from Memory - all Boffs have at least Romulan Operative):

LTC Uni: TT1, ApB1, ApO1
    Com Tac: BO1, BO2, CRF2, CRF3
    Ens Tac: Target Engines 1 (this Boff also has BO2, CSV2, CSV3 allowing me to switch stations with the one at the Commander station to switch between single target/AoE damage mid-mission)
    Lt. Eng: EptW1, EptS2
    Lt. Sci: HE1, HE2 (having another Boff standing by with HE1 and Chaged Particle Burst for anti-cloak operations, but that still has to be tested)

with Elite Fleet Disruptors or Phased Tetryons (maybe mixed with some piercing Tetryons as well ;)) and some Acc on those weapons this might become even more deadly in PvP. The Fleet Mogai with the console set (Valdore & Mogai Retro) with the 25% Weapon Power Drain resistance should work great as well, there is probably a reason it's called BOgai on the PvP forums.

Time to abuse this thread to share some of my n00bw0rk as well :D

Decided to give PVP a more detailed try today and queued up my first 4 Arena matches.
    this was match 4:
    [video]

[/video]

From their official website:

It is ten years after Voyager’s return from the Delta Quadrant, and the Federation is in a crisis. The Federation’s main suppliers of dilithium crystals are disappearing. Space and time have folded around several planets, effectively isolating them from any contact with outside worlds. And this phenomenon is not natural – someone or something is causing this to happen. This necessitates drastic measures; some of which are outside the Federation’s normal jurisdiction. For this, Admiral Pavel Chekov, head of Starfleet Intelligence, turns to Commander Tuvok, Voyager’s former security officer and current head of the newly reorganized Section 31. Tuvok must put together a new covert, renegade crew – mostly outcasts and rogues – even criminals. This new crew is tasked with finding out what is causing the folding of time and space, and stopping it – at all costs. But will they be able to put aside their differences and stop trying to kill one another in time to accomplish their mission?

It has been more than seven long years since “Enterprise” left the air, and though we’ve had the recent big screen adaptation of Gene Roddenberry’s futuristic vision (and the sequel coming this year), we feel the true home of Star Trek is as a continuing episodic series. The goal of this project is to make that happen.

We, the team who brought you Star Trek: Of Gods and Men, are proud to announce Star Trek: Renegades, a professionally produced television pilot to be presented for a possible online series.

like Cro said, when attempting to log in from a new windows installation / new pc (even using a different browser) you'll be sent a verification code via mail.
    username / password you should already have ;)

nice vids ;)

if you think it deserves one, go ahead ^^
    as a matter of fact loot-O-matic 3000 went up as one of the first loot missions FED-side yesterday and got a lot of positive feedback. brought a big smile to my face :)

that's what i'm shooting for as well. perfect would be with [S -> W] Shield to Weapons synergy.

and get yourself a Plasmonic Leech, now that the Feds have access to it, that console is sweeeeet, especially if you can spare some points in Flow Capacitors ;)

The problem is it was basically a neccessary evil because of the doff imbalance and starbase need.
    for every medical you need you tend to get ~8 worthless scientist, for every security it's prolly like 6-7 tactical, ...

i'd hardly lave a problem with this ninja-nerf, if only they'd have fixed the doff generation / starbase class needs as well. :(

i stumbled across that info on the pre-patching thread on the official forum. Decided to give it a try and it worked for me, so i decided to share it with you.
    those are both launcher options btw.

the pre-patching never seemed to go through for me, always stopped after a few megabytes.
    decided to try and force it this evening by activating Force Verify and Disable on-demand patching .
    worked like a charm, in ~500MB i should be all ready for Tuesday and will be deactivating those options again.