Posts by Kaelis

how about putting clan banners in front of corresponding gates in x-3043? you learn that some system is clan-owned only AFTER you've broken the systemrules (if entry is forbidden, i mean) i also wonder how difficult it would be to bring systemrules in the systems like serverrules in front of manhattan.

actually, after you get a bit used to playing the hardest fights will be those near pittsburgh, after you get on a first free-flight, you can rack a bit of cash so it won't be so tough. buy some ship like a defender, get a stunpulse gun on him and just try to stick to killing rogues. xenos are just way too fast and outcasts hit very hard, it gets a problem to defend your own mantle. luckily, only rogues and lane hackers have CDs so you won't have problems getting away. trade a bit of money to the next mission, so you can get outta NY system, then after a mission go to Texas system and do missions against rogues, collect their cargo-pods, sell them to prisons (LPI Huntsville and LPI Sugarland). It racks hella big tons of cash, I actually still haven't found more profitable way of earning money. maybe trading black market goods with trains is better but you need a hella big lot of things to do so, like neutral rep to everyone, to visit each and every planet and station in crossfire (which are horrifyingly numerous). well, just don't go onto third mission when you got enough money, just ignore juni and rack cash, buy some awesome ship (on this point I prefer Shade, it can be bought on battleship near Huntsville, a bit more than 4kk. it can carry best guns that you can buy at that moment, it has more energy than they need and its shield is awesome (don't ever unmount the shield, you can not mount it back). oh, and yeah, its the best Light Fighter in the game, and also beats many vanilla VHFs. for, like, next 5-6 missions you won't have ANY trouble with NPCs, and after that you will have enough cash to buy just anything but some capital ships.

oh. I saw any objects 12,5k away in SP, never thought it could be that much different in MP. ok, but what about loot? gotta re-check this moment but I think it also was invisible beyond 2.5 k

thanks anyway.

UP! maybe it was fixed with CF 1.8, but now its 1.9 and I can't find anything that is further than 2.5k away on my 10mil radar. Did I waste 7mil for nothing? well, I do find the jumpholes much before it's in 12.5k from me, but I prefer to spot pirates BEFORE I get the Hornet in the engine!

It can be an installation thing. first, check behind the manhattan. there should be a gate to Custodian a short walk from Rochester base. If you dont have one in Omicron Alpha, you most probably won't have the custodian one too. If all like that, I would guess Mistake in installation. sorry, but yeah, total reinstall. Its all about the tiny thing, once you Installed and unpacked both Freelancer and Crossfire, right before activation, go to the properties of your Freelancer folder, switch off any flags like "read only" or anything else, then click Apply button to make changes to all subfolders. then do the same with Freelancer Mod manager folder. BTW, its a guideline from official installation FAQ from this forum. well, probably this would heal the problem. NO RESPONSIBILTY IF ITS NOT CORRECT! just to let you think about variants