Posts by Rhaps

Necroing my own thread somewhat here.

I logged back in after about a year away and I've noticed the appearance glitches on the Grinder are still in. Head still sticks out the front of the cockpit and the rear right gun mount is slightly misaligned. Just dragging the thread back up so it can be added to the fix list for 2.0, thanks!

Back after about a year and enjoying the new crossfire. Awesome work OP and mod crew, keep it up!

I was just about to refit my new Battleship with turrets and was wondering if they have been changed about since the last build (1.83?). I remember previously the Rhienland turrets beign far superior to the Adv.Turrets etc available elsewhere even though they had worse stats on paper (at least I think they did then, certainly do now). Is this still the case? Some advice on what turrets to buy is really all I'm after so I don't waste 100mill; takes me a while to grind those ace pods. Also one more question, if the Adv. Turrets are indeed the best option now, do they still look like little pea-shooters?

Thanks for the help folks :)

Ok, I concede that cares can indeed relate to worries or concerns. Whithout a care in the word, you lack cares, you are without cares etc. Penury is indeed the lack of something and more often than not used to describe an extreme lack of material wealth (poverty) and applications can be requests. Applications can also relate to software so some ambiguity there, but I digress. Point is, it does make sense. Problem is, it's a very roundabout way of expressing it. Don't get me wrong I'm not against clever wordplay and I've been accused of being verbose a few times, but I think when it comes to the practical application of the English language plain English is the best bet.

So, if OP is open to suggestions I'll list a few and ask anyone else with ideas to please contribute.

Questions & Suggestions
    Help & Suggestions
    Help & Ideas
    Assistance & Suggestions
    Problems & Proposals

Mix and match there, substitute '&' for 'or' if you like. I think these titles all neatly sum up what I understand this forum to be about.

Heh, ok. I can see where you are coming from there but I assure you it is still fairly vague to English speakers such as myself. I don't think I've ever seen "cares" used in that fashion and I've never seen penury or its plural form used to describe anything other than poverty. I think you could benefit from renaming the forum something less obscure. I especially emphasise clarity following the problems you reported with people posting the wrong things in the wrong forums.

It's your show though and just my 2 cents.

I was just wondering why this section of the forum is titled "Cares, penuries, applications"? I was wondering if it was something that was possibly lost in translation somewhere. As far as I can tell from the description this is a forum for Questions & Suggestions <--- new title right there!

As it is now the title sort of reads: lots of caring (cares), a lot of extreme poverty (penuries) and applications (which has dual meanings in english). It's not a big deal I guess, just always had me confused.

OP removed them because folk were misusing them. Don't ask me how, I came along a bit late to this particular party. Not sure where else I could suggest to post it.

I get similar jumping IC ships (if not worse) on my machine. I'm running a 955 BE, 1gig Sapphire HD 6850, 8 gig corsair ram etc. Runs my other games and all other parts of the mod flawlessly. My net connection is 8meg adsl (and I've checked im getting full speed) and im based in Scotland so my connection to the server is pretty fast being nice and close (ping in the 50s). So I'd really be suprised if this was caused by a hardware issue personally. I'm sure I read somewhere OP talking about it being a server side issue; people connected to the server while downloading or with high pings or lots of Battleships being used at the time being prime suspects.

Still, glitches can be caused by all sorts so do go ahead and follow Gunny's suggestions. If anything it will help narrow down the root cause.

Other useful info might be the number of players on at the time this is happening and if you see any relation in population and the severity of the problem. Also note the number of BSs online at the time if you see any known ones. You could also try running Fraps for the framerate monitor (not recording) so you see if there are any drops while you're fighting. I know some effects in this game can have an odd effect on my FPS, primarily the Tractor Beam effect when you are tractoring in multiple objects will cause a very brief drop in framerate with my system. Maybe this is a similar phenomenon.

I hope you manage to sort it. Ill be watching this topic to see what, if any, conclusions are reached.

Hey, first post!
    Loving the mod, and playing it online lots. Just recently got myself a new ship, the Grinder ZX8, to replace my shroud after I learned it was restricted. It's a fine ship but has an odd graphics issue. The head of my pilot actually sticks out the top of the ship! Just thought I'd let you know so it can be added to the fix list for the next patch. Until then ill just be careful not to hit any asteroids!

cheers!

Rhaps/Snix