CF screenies file type

There are 9 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by Gast.

• ok, i noticed that my CF pictures (screenies) are saved in the damn .BMP file format and that really takes some space .. its not big, but when i want to upload the picture, first i need to convert it and then upload .. and uploading 500 Mb or 36 Mb is a big difference ..

so, is there a way to make or force those pictures to be saved in JPG format ? ... (of course, im talking about the Print Screen button, and not Alt Gr + PS ....)

• Hi Inferno,

a little gift of mine to you.

I search for a program which is realy handy, dont cost anything for home users and make a good job in converting images to any output format which could be needed by you.

I tested it and download the pdf tutorial put all in one zip file and will give you now a download location on my server where u can take it. The program of course is in english language and comes with no additionals, maleware or viruses. This will drop your time of converting to minutes instead of hours...

I´m wondering such a good proggie is freeware. I will start use it too - and if it stay on my HD i will make donation.

Here it comes:
    FSIV Picture Handler klickme to download

Your CF Police Department
    Cop Kermit
    :D

Click the image above to visit us.

• thx fot the proggy ... i found only few "tria" versions and i think i already used the free time, hehe

ut, still, im just wondering .. if there a way to change the type of file in which is the picture going to be savid with PS (PS=print screen)

still, im just wondering .. if there a way to change the type of file in which is the picture going to be savid with PS (PS=print screen)

I'm not aware of one; I just always convert to other format after the fact. But I'm not an expert on Windows... ;(

My rig: i3-4130 Core Duo (3.4Ghz), Gigabit GA-B85-HD3 mobo, 8Gb PC1600ram, Samsung 2x 80Gb SATA RAID, Intel Integrated graphics, 3 optical drives, 23" Asus HD monitor + peripherals

Character names: Centaurian_Alpha & CA derivatives
    Founder: Independent Operators' Consortium (established 2006)

Originally posted by Inferno
    ut, still, im just wondering .. if there a way to change the type of file in which is the picture going to be savid with PS (PS=print screen)

Only the president of sirius is able to answer questions like this...

Another way could be going to LR have a look to the modder folders work this problem out, make it runeable with cf by coding a little and then go with a complete solution to the empereors palace ask politly for an audience and ask to put your files in...

I have some other projekts running m8 - i´m very happy to come here and play a little ;)

Its even possible to write a little batch or makro - that the proggie will encode and decode the images by himself everytime u close your cf maybe...

• I use microsoft Paint for this task (since it's good for nothing else :D). Open the screenshot and then Save As under .jpeg/.jpg format. The downside to converting them though is that the jpg loses a lot of a screen's vibrant color. When you're trying to keep low on disk space use though it can save you a lot (I had more than a gig of space taken up by screens before I converted them a few months ago :P).

24/7 SWAT CF veteran from sometime before 1.6 up into 1.82. Lots of memories!
    Built 88 chars between DC, BD, UAC,
    STC, and freelancers. Ashes to ashes, alas? D:

• @Marshal Cunningham

test the proggie it will save much time for u and u will have better outputs...

regards
    Kermit

• thx ^^

24/7 SWAT CF veteran from sometime before 1.6 up into 1.82. Lots of memories!
    Built 88 chars between DC, BD, UAC,
    STC, and freelancers. Ashes to ashes, alas? D:

Originally posted by Marshal Cunningham
    I use microsoft Paint for this task (since it's good for nothing else :D).

i made it also this way before i knew i can make it by a simple "click" on one button on the keyboard ...
    but ok, i ahve the progy kermit sent us us, so we will use it :-) thx

i just made the convert adn my 500 Mb of pictures turned into 37 mb hehe ...

• Hi - i am sure that making a jpg for a screenie must be implemented into the game, because it comes from the game if you press the button. As far as i know it is more complicated to convert picture to jpg as bmp. Last one is uncompressed. So easy to write :D

But besides, last time i found a tool from $MS that can convert all pictures within one directory to another format and other resulution if configured. But i dont know the name of this tool, maybe i have it on my pc - but then i have to quarry my pc for it :D