PSP Delayed Already

There are 2 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by BG_Theodeon.

• Sony Computer Entertainment vice president, Saeki Masatsuka, interviewed by the Japanese press has cast doubt over the November global 2004 launch of the PSP. Mr. Masatsuka said that the launch will be pushed back to mid-December 2004 for Japan.
    This announcement must be an embarassment to the new Sony Europe President, Chris Deering, who was eager to claim the company's first global launch in November of this year.

The interview also produced some interesting facts about the launch title lineup for the PSP as the SCE VC claimed that most prominent Japanese developers will have something available for the fledgling handheld. SCE's own titles will be accompanied by games from Capcom, Koei, Konami and Namco. Most of the launch games are expected to surface at this year's E3 in some form or other.

SEGA is another name which will support the PSP and although plans will be announced this fall, it is certain that some SEGA games will be available on launch. Square Enix, the Japanese gaming giant, will also support Sony's new platform and will almost certainly port its major assets to the PSP. Whether Square Enix has any plans for original PSP content is something we will find out during this year's Tokyo Games Show.

Although no one will mention a price for the system, remember the memory issue which may still be unresolved, rumours, originating from Japan, suggest a USD 350-400 tag.

The fact thet Mr. Masatsuka did not mention anything about a launch outside of Japan, may suggest that the global launch plans will not be realised with PSP following the traditional route of a Japanese launch preceeding any U.S. or European appearance. If that is the case, Chris Deering may have a bone to pick with Sony HQ.

SWAT_OP-R8R
    Portal-Administrator

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• I guess when u delay it, better sooner then later... 8)
    Lol, i was really looking forward to that little device tho X(
    Ah well, i ll just use that money to buy some more useless junk to put in my already overjunked room :]

Lord_Andy
    Wingleader of CSP

[1752] Bow For The Lord [1752]

• Bah! Who needs it anyway? We already have the wonders of the XBOX and the GameCube, and also with new console followups in the pipeline....

"Where is the Horse and the Rider?
    Where is the Horn that was blown?
    It has passed like rain on the mountains,
    like wind in the meadows

The days have gone down in the west,
    Behind the hills to shadow"
    [SIZE=1]JRR Tolkien[/SIZE]