Linux & Open source

• As I told some of the guys before, my company is migrating to full open source software. We are testing several distros to see which one would be most appropiated for the company andour educational projects. So far, our choice have been narrow to these 3:

1.- debian (latest version)
    2.- Knoppix 5.01 DVD-ES version
    3.- Edubuntu 6.06 & 6.10 (beta testing last one)

Im now using knoppix dvd 5.01- EN in live CD. Pretty cool to use some stuff without touching my HD at all ;) Anyway, I just testing its live capabilities and next week I will install it in a couple of machines. We already using devian on my wife computer cause her final tesis is an SCADA WEB project for a water plant using PHP, MySql, some other open source software for imaging, vectoring, and so on. In a couple of week will test Edubuntu DVD 6.06 and 6.10 which it seems more suitable for the company cause of its educational design.

Next, we will go to another open source congress to get into new applications development plus I got real caught by computational forensic. I think that is the other reason I am also testing knoppix plus othe interesting tools. The only bad thing about all these is gamming :(..well, maybe some day eventhough Im playing lately FlightGear which the more realistic thing I have ever found so far in the flying sim area (I did fly some real planes when I was at college studying Aerospace Eng. I just ashame i didnt dare to sky diving ;) )

well, regards to all

Sincerely,

RG

PS: My first post in a live enviroment ;)

[4] Don't argue, [3] Just do it