Update 27th January 2018

There are 4 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by SWAT_OP-R8R.

• I just released a tiny update for players which have AMD graphic cards and suffer low resolution textures.
    Players which dont have such texture problems can ignore this stuff completely.

This update just provides the patch.
    Players have to apply it manually.
    Inside the Freelancer folder there are going to be two new files. One is for players which use the old fashioned FL style HUD and the other is for players which use the modern golden hud.
    Just run the file that fits to your installation settings. Thats it.

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• Glad to see that you got the AMD patch worked out: The Starport - A Freelancer Game Fansite :: AMD Card Users May SUFFER No More! (LowRes Texture Fix!) [Forum - Freelancer Discussion]
    Just realize that a lot of the stuff you're using for CrossFire is under GPLv3 and LGPL v2.1
    Meaning if you publicly distribute modifications to the files (which you are) then the source code for those modifications should be made available to the public.
    Also might want to update your Licensing and ReadMes to account for it, since you aren't permitted to prohibit modification of GPL'd software/libraries.

• No, I think the licencing is absolutely correct the way it is.
    Especially considering that the original files ARE public while for everything else that has been ADDED different conditions of use have to be applied.
    Especially in terms of content that I have created I am allowed to protect my intellectual properties AND prohibit its modification. Same applies to licences of use that were granted directly to me by third parties for use only in this mod.

If I take a selfie and put it into the mod then this picture remains my property... it is not yours... not property of digital anvil or anyone else. Same applies to models, textures, tools and pretty much every kind of unique intellectual property.
    Some parts of the mod are based on commercial licencing. Yes, I have invested money to purchase specific licenses for specific content from 3rd party sources.
    Based on that it is even my obligation to make clear to users that they are not allowed to modify it or use it for other purposes other than in combination with the crossfire mod.
    Changing the terms of use would terminate active licence agreements with third parties for parts of this mod. That in return would mean to close the server and remove the mod from the net.
    The terms of use also are the basis for being able to give support to users and keep the server running stable.

Based on my own copyrights and those of 3rd parties i do not only have the right to prohibit modifications, it is also my obligation to do so.
    Only Microsoft has the right to challenge these terms and if that happens (it wont, since microsoft even supported the creation of mods) then nobody will gain anything positive.
    The Terms of use are in first place fair the way they are. Fair for the players which might want to get support if required, fair to 3rd parties which have their own rights to be protected, fair to Microsoft and also fair to the modding team which has invested many thousands of hours of hard work into this project.

signew.jpg

Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• I'm not sure you know what I've been referring to. I'm talking about the 'GPL.txt.txt' file located in the Freelancer\EXE folder.
    I haven't found any references to what items are under the GPL and I was wondering which items were under GPL rather than under 'All Rights Reserved'.
    The way the GPL works is that GPL'd material guarantees certain rights to all those who receive such material, including the right to request the modified source code (if any modifications were done) for the GPL'd software.

For example, I saw the zlib.dll being used but I don't see the zlib license incorporated anywhere in the mod or documentation for said mod.
    zlib License

You didn't create the zlib library nor can you claim copyright over it.

I've also noticed you use 'libcurl' and again neglect to provide the proper notification/documentation required by the license.
    curl - copyright

So if you want to use all this free and open-source software, the bare-minimum you could do is follow the license terms and make sure your readme files and documentation is in order.
    I am fairly aware of the Linux community and leechers are not cool. People have been taken to court for GPL and other license violations so don't think for a moment that you're in the clear until you remedy the situation. Declare which pieces of software (libraries and code) are GPL'd and provide the proper license terms/files as required in the base mod distribution. A simple 'docs' folder with all the relevant readme and source code files would suffice (as needed depending on the licensing terms for said software).

I did notice you included a few scattered ReadMes for certain ship files, yet when it comes to GPL'd software you don't seem to care. What a shame.

• Zlib and libcurl belong to the original game. Why should i bother to licence that?

The Gpl txt file belongs to the sweetfx shader.

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,