Unable to launch error CODE1

There are 11 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by NightHawk-1@.

• Looking for some help to get the game running, im unable to run vanilla or crossfire. With crossfire im getting the error CODE1
    Im running on win11 in admininstrator

I will provide any info I can

• I was having the same issue just the other day. SWAT_OP-R8R the admin gave me this link https://support.ipconfigure.com/hc/en-us/articles/115004833803-windows-event-viewer-application-logs It will help you dig a little deeper and find the root cause of your error.

The only way i was able to fix my game was to do a fresh install of win 11 on a separate hard drive then i installed freelancer and crossfire on it according to the instructions and then it worked! Hopefully you don't have to go through all that to get your's to work.

This is the link to my help ticket might help you out. crossfire crashing - SWAT Portal

• After much experimentation I have discovered that anything other than Vanilla FL shader options in causing it to not be able to launch. I am able to play but I would like to be able to use the shader options as well if possible. I have also noticed that while it is playable on Vanilla FL shader i have no mouse, it functions as a mouse but visually its not there.

Edited once, last by Discomelon ().

• strange that none of the shaders work

what graphics card do you have?

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• An RTX should be working fine.

I run a 2070S and all of the shaders work.

Thats pretty weird.

Maybe FL tries to run on the internal graphics of your mainboard instead using the RTX (happened before).

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• In the windows start menu search Nvidia control panel open it

Click manage 3d settings tab. In that window click program settings.

then click add and find the freelancer crossfire exe (it should be near the top if you recently opened crossfire it will show up as freelancer.exe ) click it and hit add selected program.

scroll down the specify the setting of this program list until you find the setting OpenGL rendering GPU click it and in the drop down menu select your RTX 3080 and hit apply.

I would do the same for the LauncherUpdater.exe just to be on the safe side.

If for some reason the exe's are not in the list you will have to hit browse and navigate to them manually. Both are in the \Freelancer Crossfire\EXE folder