Another one bites the dust

There are 25 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by Ghost_Lightning.

• yep we have a global serverlist again but no CF :(

and the probability of a Freelancer 2 is remote at the very best as digital anvil is dead so the third in the trilogy that was always planned and promised most likely died with them.

it is unlikley a big concern will continue devolping it
    as from what i read on game review sites the whole
    space simulator genre is at low ebb of populartiy
    in fact its downright out of fashon

where they get this from i dont know considering the amount of servers on the global list from just 1 game
    and the amount of community members here from just 1 mod

but dont worry freelancer will not die for many years yet
    if ever. and CF will most probally always be on the cutting edge.

if you ask me CF could quite easily be freelancer 2

• its nice to think so, but DA and the softies put a nice, professional touch on it. None the less, what i would like outta a FL2 would be a Sirius-Only expansion, hundreds more ships, more balancing, more systems, bases, weps, ect. Not to mention new catigories of ships and equipment, which we could once again leave to the gaming comunity to mod into something like this. yadimean?

I am god of the sea people.

"If you ever touch Mr.Kitty, ill put a M80 in your nutsack and blow your nuts all over your pants."- That goes for shooting at my transport too.

MW Gonna Rule The Earth!

or at least you.

Charachters- [MW]-XXL-[X] [MW]-Cartman-[X]
    [MW]-10-CENT [MW]-KONIG and in development:
    [MW]The_Oak. Thats right, run and hide.

West Coast For Life

• Okies cartman ,your first job is to make 100 ships OK :)

• Hm..that would definitly be nice :DD.....Actually, me and Blink have been tossing ideas around, and are begining to form a plan, where at the worst CF gets alot more coders, and best we end up with FL 2.

We'd form a "league" of people who could code, img edit, host servers, and whatever else is needed. Then, (this is one idea) use Freelancer as a base, then mod from there, and once we get far enough, maybe present it to Microsoft as a testament that people are still interested in the space SIM genre.

Anyways, just idealistic me talking :D

See y'all in space,

Blur

• the more the better... but as you know... i wont let anybody else work on CF

but there are other projects which badly need modders and coders

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

[size=1]Originally by Flyin_Si[/size]
    it is unlikley a big concern will continue devolping it
    as from what i read on game review sites the whole
    space simulator genre is at low ebb of populartiy
    in fact its downright out of fashon

where they get this from i dont know considering the amount of servers on the global list from just 1 game

I would guess they get that from the number of people who actually use the servers, and compare it to other genres...