Low FPS in NPC battles, entering systems

There are 2 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by Nitro.

• When I enter an NPC combat in the added systems, even with 2 enemies, my FPS drops from 60 to 10-15, making it quite hard to kill them efficiently. Also when I enter a new system (like X-3043) my FPS drops very low, after 20-30 seconds the FPS creeps back up to the 60 mark. Even with the graphical settings on low this behavior persists. Is there something I can do to solve this? I am aware that FL is an almost 20 years old game and back in the day multicore cpu's weren't even a thing, but I thought that a potent systems these days should have no problems running FL. I am running FL on 1080p resolution.

My system specs:
    AMD Ryzen 7 5800, 32 GB 3200 MHz RAM, Geforce RTX 3080, game installed on PCI-e 3 NVMe drive.

12.gif

It's just a game, and it will always remain a game

Edited once, last by Nitro ().

• does that happen in singleplayer or multiplayer?

have you tried switching the shader options?

FL actually should have no issues keeping a high FPS most of the time

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• I encountered it both in SP and MP Crossfire. Before I installed the Crossfire mod Vanilla FL was fine. Have changed the shader options to Vanilla FL from DX10/11/12 and it appears to have solved the issue. Need to do another test with fraps, since this shader mode doesn't display the fps (as the previous one did), but it feels smoother. Will come back to this.

12.gif

It's just a game, and it will always remain a game