HUD Display Locks Up

There are 7 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by SWAT_OP-R8R.

• Wow - Hope I can explain this well.

I am having a repeated intermittent problem while playing Crossfire. Several times now, I'll be playing with no issues. Then suddenly my HUD display will lock up and then pitch up, down, right, or left (whichever way I move my mouse) even when I'm not holding either the right or left mouse button down. For example, I will be looking towards a waypoint object like another ship, planet landing gate, warp gate, etc. I can click on it, but when I move my mouse up to the menu bar to select Formation, Go To, Dock, etc. my on screen display pitches up, down, right, or left with the mouse movement. I have tried many different keys to unlock, but once it happens, I have not been able to stop it. It is usually followed by a game crash shortly thereafter. If I close the game and restart, it will be fixed for a while, but then randomly starts again.

Any ideas ?

Thanks

• select a different shader on the launcher

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• you have to try what is working.

This depends on your Hardware.

signew.jpg

Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• Hi - Don't know if this will help or not, but thought I'd give it 1 more shot and provide some follow up information.

Per your suggestion, I've tried every shader in the settings list. No luck. This seems to happen randomly after a gunfight, or looting. Here's just 1 example.

Mission 26: Crossfire Chapter 6 - Brennigan's Coordinates. I came across the first ship you had to loot. I fired at it and hit "B" to loot. As soon as I tractored in the loot,

it locked up. I was able to click on the waypoint but had to use F2 key to "Go To". The whole trip to the waypoint I had to manually keep pointing the ship toward the waypoint. I then had to use "F3" to Dock. The animation moves through the portal fine, but when I reach the other side, still locked. There are several jumps in this mission and I had to do the same until I got to a station and docked. When I launch to space after going through the cut scene, everything is fine again until another battle or tractor. I don't remember what mission it was, but this all started on a previous mission where you had to go to a dig site on a planet. When leaving the planet, you have to fight off some Corsair's in the atmosphere and then return to the dig site. I basically had to limp back to the dig site. Once I docked, went through the cut scene and launched it was fixed again.

I know it's not my Logitech G903 Lightspeed mouse, because it works fine in Vanilla Freelancer, and all my other games. I am running a Core I7 8700K processor, Geforce RTX 2070Ultra XC Video Card, 64GB Corsair Vengeance PRO Ram, on a Gigabyte Aorus Z390 Ultra Motherboard.

Again, I appreciate your time and patience. If there isn't a solution, I understand but thought this information might be useful.

Thank You

• thanks for the info

The hardware most certainly is not the issue.i run almost exactly the same setup.

I'll try the mission myself when I have a bit time again. Atm I have more rl work than I can handle. But I'll try best to find a few calm minutes.

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,