Greetings, Kudos and Questions

There are 4 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by ILIYAN.

• Hi everyone,

Yet another freelancer jockey here who came back to FL after ten odd years. With 70 hours on vanilla SP Campaign (I made a point of visiting every System/Base/Jump Hole in Sirius), I decided to research the mod scene for FL in 2020.

And then I found you guys. Well... :applaus::walklike::tanz:

A grateful salute from Brasil where, in the middle of all that's been going on, I stumble across Crossfire while strolling down memory lane. To say I'm flabbergasted with the sheer size of this mod and the devotion of The Swat Portal Team and its community would not do it justice.

I come from a background where a salute is warranted, so let me get that out of the way: :salutes Major props, fellas.

In the interest of fully enjoying this gem, I have some questions regarding the mod's mechanics, so I can have a better experience with it. Thanks in advance to anyone that can shed some light into it.

1) Putting the obvious value of replaying vanilla SP with CF aside (already 7 hours in doing that), is there a possibility to trigger CF SP Missions with a savegame after the game is finished? My 70 hours save would fit in so nicely if that were the case.

2) Regarding the new systems and its planets/bases: do they have Jobs, Rumors and News like Vanilla Sirius? I actually enjoy that part of the SP experience the most, as each base with its rumors flesh out the lore of FL and reward exploration.

3) Can we explore the universe openly in the middle of CF Campaign Missions, or does it work like vanilla after Blood Dragons, where you're thrown from one Mission to the next without a chance for pause?

Best regards,

John

• Helpful

Hello John Leash and welcome!

1. No, that is not possible unfortunately.

2. A big YES: the lore was greatly expanded by creative input from the development team and community members. This includes not only bars, but also descriptions of solar objects, stations, wrecks, commodities, ships and much much much more...

3. Yes, there will be pauses in CF campaign - just like in the vanilla one, from time to time you will be able to decline the main quest (temporarily) and take your time to explore and get ship upgrades. Some parts of the universe may remain closed until you finish the extended SP completely, and due to the game's technical limitation you will not be able to take missions in bars. But in systems available for exploration you can sometimes encounter bonus missions (i.e. "side quests") that activate automatically when you approach certain coordinates and are rewarded very generously. One of such pauses will be offered to you in S** system - make sure to use it and explore that system very thoroughly.

Hope this helps :)

• Hi (IOC)Wanderer, much obliged for the thorough reply my friend. Given your expertise with CF. allow me to abuse of your goodwill and elaborate on some topics. :)

1) That's not a biggie, I'll replay using CF. The sheer size of CF makes Vanilla a whole new experience, so that's settled. On that note: will I be able to use the in-game lore gap of 2 years to explore the entirety of Sirius (Edge Worlds, Rheinland etc.) or will I be forced to go straight to New Berlin to meet Orillion right after I finish Vanilla?

2) HUZZAH! :thumbsup: Will do!

3) Awesome. I imagine that, like in Vanilla, I'll be able to fully explore the new systems freely after CF Campaign is finished, right?

• 1. You will be practically forced to continue the campaign, because "main quest mode" will stay enabled which would not allow setting own waypoints or accepting jobs in bars. It will be more convenient to use one of previous pauses in vanilla campaign for exploration (although this way you could find stuff not belonging to vanilla which will be a spoiler for future story missions), or make through the complete storyline first.

2. :thumbsup:

3. Yes, both original and added systems (over 150 in total) will be yours to explore after the extended campaign is finished.

P.S. Just FYI: Crossfire Multiplayer allows to freely explore everything, which you can do in parallel with the SP campaign (or thereafter if you would like to avoid spoilers) while getting help and advice from others, saving progres for the future and seeing yourself in CF player stats, and having lots of fun in general :)