Shader options limited to Vanilla and huge font size

There are 9 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by SWAT_OP-R8R.

• Hi folks again,

now coming to my second problem which is I can't select any other shader option than vanilla or the game stops with a windows error (program stopped working).
    If I select vanilla shaders, the game starts, but font size is huge.

I did a clean install of FL + FLMM + CF20, set folders to not writeprotected. Video card is a NVIDIA GF GTX 960M with latest driver from NVIDIA.
    What am I doing wrong here?

• im having issues with certain shaders also pal with the big onts what resolution is set when you play it go to the perf file in my documents my games freelancer folder u will see perfoptions make sure its not read only if is untick it then go into that file with notepad scroll to the botton and set the resolution to either 720 p or 1080p

[Display]

size= 2560, 1440

color_bpp= 32

depth_bpp= 32

will look like that thats my personal resolution i play on if it doe not work with the color depth or depth_bpp change depth to 24 instead of 32 mate should fix that issue

╔┓┏╦━━╦┓╔┓╔━━╗
    ║┗┛║┗━╣┃║┃║ 0 0║
    ║┏┓║┏━╣┗╣┗╣╰╯║
    ╚┛┗╩━━╩━╩━╩2019?

We are Legion. We do not forgive. We do not forget. Expect us

Anonymous.

that in war,

the Way is to avoid what is strong,

and to strike what is weak.

If your opponent is of choleric temper, irritate him.

Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant.

big up to all creators of this mod

Intel Core i5 2500 @ 3803.19 MHz - CPU-Z VALIDATOR ( specs of my PC )

Never Judge a Book By Its Cover

If i help you make sure to say thank you cause if don't then don't ask me for help show some gratitude!!!!

• Try these fonts in the meantime:

As for the shaders, that's weird... I am playing on the defaults (ENB) and it works just fine and that's on my laptop believe it or not with Nvidia GT635M.

What I've also found throughout the years when dealing with 'reinstall and install' is that... if you remove something already it leaves a trace in the registry that could corrupt your next installment. There's a great software for dealing with this called "Revo Uninstaller" that makes sure it removes every trace from the registry and throughout the drive, even if you are not sure that it removed everything... you can also do it afterwards manually. Also prior to that, make sure you have also removed the directory in "My Documents" but if you have saves there, be sure to back them up first though.

Other than that, I don't see anything wrong with your setup... it must be a corrupted installation and in order to fix that -> Revo Uninstaller always worked perfectly with me because it removes the already leftovers that could corrupt the next installment (also manually removing the directory in My Documents).

• revo is a good piece of software Cxxxkxd version even better lol i have issues with reshade dx10 myself where textures aint right but i still use it as its only some of the models that are white lol still playable

╔┓┏╦━━╦┓╔┓╔━━╗
    ║┗┛║┗━╣┃║┃║ 0 0║
    ║┏┓║┏━╣┗╣┗╣╰╯║
    ╚┛┗╩━━╩━╩━╩2019?

Anonymous.

that in war,

If i help you make sure to say thank you cause if don't then don't ask me for help show some gratitude!!!!

• Yeah Reshade is kind of heavy for me too... and ENB works perfectly and the resolution is still awesome, so I am good with it. ;)

• Yeah Reshade is kind of heavy for me too... and ENB works perfectly and the resolution is still awesome, so I am good with it. ;)

i love using reshade dx 10 for extra settings to make it more beautiful and it does its justice my visuals are outstanding just textures are a little off lol shame hahaha its defo not my gpu as my gpu is only 2 years old from when it was brought out maybe because card is to new from when the game came out and is not 100 percent compatible.

ive even tried ading my gpu to the gpu list in game files still nothing fixed so ill just leave it as i thought it was a driver causing but i have tried 5 different drivers and still same done reinstalles of game still same lol so im 99 percent sure its not my end lol joys of tech and games lol

my gpu is msi radeon RX 580 armour oc 8gb card so not that old really

╔┓┏╦━━╦┓╔┓╔━━╗
    ║┗┛║┗━╣┃║┃║ 0 0║
    ║┏┓║┏━╣┗╣┗╣╰╯║
    ╚┛┗╩━━╩━╩━╩2019?

Anonymous.

that in war,

• Thanks for your help folks.

I was able to get the right font and -size by right-clicking on the crossfire font and click install. The fontfix-script doesn't work for me on Windows10.

Still can't use any shader option tough, but I have more details:

a) When I start FL from my second system partition it runs completely fine with ENB Standard.

b) When I start it from the system from where I installed it, any shader option other than vanilla results in a very small window opening (nearly just the titlebar) and after some seconds I get the program stopped working error. FL is using the NVIDIA-card as intended, Driver version is the same on both systems.
    c) There were no rests of previous installations of FL, the Win10 is a fresh install.
    d) Windows event log (application) shows up with this:

Faulting application name: Freelancer.exe, version: 1.0.1223.11, time stamp: 0x00534d69

Faulting module name: d3d9.dll, version: 1.0.0.1, time stamp: 0x54fc98fb

Exception code: 0xc0000005

Fault offset: 0x000083cc

Faulting process id: 0x2de0

Faulting application start time: 0x01d5b7952b2b9463

Faulting application path: D:\Shared Program Files\Freelancer\EXE2\Freelancer.exe

Faulting module path: D:\Shared Program Files\Freelancer\EXE2\d3d9.dll

and this:

Faulting application name: Freelancer.exe, version: 1.0.1223.11, time stamp: 0x00534d69

Faulting module name: ShipRange.dll, version: 1.1.0.0, time stamp: 0x5104dccd

Exception code: 0xc0000005

Fault offset: 0x0000143c

Faulting process id: 0x2de0

Faulting application start time: 0x01d5b7952b2b9463

Faulting application path: D:\Shared Program Files\Freelancer\EXE2\Freelancer.exe

Faulting module path: D:\Shared Program Files\Freelancer\EXE2\ShipRange.dll

Anything else I can check?

• personally i think Swat op needs to check these issues he maybe able to help you more with that

╔┓┏╦━━╦┓╔┓╔━━╗
    ║┗┛║┗━╣┃║┃║ 0 0║
    ║┏┓║┏━╣┗╣┗╣╰╯║
    ╚┛┗╩━━╩━╩━╩2019?

Anonymous.

that in war,

• It works now after I installed the DirectX End-User Runtime from the Microsoft page.
    Not sure what exactly was missing, I thought Win10 has DX12 included?!

Thank you guys!

• it should have it included, but FL utilizes files for dx9 and that is only available in Windows10 legacy support (there is a windows option to activate that)

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!