Freelancer save to crossfire campaign

There are 3 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by (IOC)Wanderer.

• Hello,

I had played freelancer for quite some time even after finishing the main storyline and now I found out about crossfire. I decided against starting all over again because now I am studying at university and I really don't have that much time, so I decided to use my vanilla freelancer save game (finished game), but now I can't seem to find how to start the next mission of the stroy line added by crossfire. I am supposed to be called by Orilion to find him on New Berlin I think - neither got the call nor found him on NB. Is there any way to kickstart the campaign from this point? Thanks in advance!

• Crossfire's new graphics and improved AI make the original campaign even more enjoyable, you won't regret starting over. Besides, for an experienced player it shouldn't take longer than a few days to finish it again.

If it's hard to deal with the super agile early NPCs, try using fast-refire weapons, and take missions against Rogues (they fly bulkier ships). If that's not enough, adjust the Difficulty in game options. But the default setting should be fine most time, except the very beginning and maybe some late Crossfire missions.

You will find money requirements significantly increased compared to vanilla FL, but it will be easy to reach them if you bring all escape pods you collect to prison stations (first one will be availble in Texas).

HTH