Strange Ship Behaviour in Fight

There are 3 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by (IOC)Wanderer.

• Hey guys, after several years i just reinstalled freelancer and crossfire 2.0 on win10.

I´m playing in SP at the moment and everything just ran fine and smooth until i started the first bounty in freeroam.

I just used the "F2" command to fly to my waypoint for hunting down some pirates. I left the travel mode, switched to mouseflight and started my fight.

It run pretty well until my ship started to get a mind at its own, wobbling through space during my flightmaneuvers or even worse just started to ignore any of my commands.

So far i´ve figured out that this is some kind of problem with my ship and the waypoint marking my mission area.

Entering free-flight or other modes doesn´t disturb this strange behaviour and the only thing i haven´t tried was to delete the waypoint if this is even possible because of its nature as a bounty mission waypoint.

I´ll soon let you know if this got me rid of my problem.

Until then my only question is:

Is this a known issue or am i the first/only one discovering this?

Have a good flight freelancers and thanks for your help in advantage :thumbsup:

• Hello DarthPhantom and welcome!

From your description it seems like the Free Flight button ought to be the solution.

But here are a few more tips to try:

- press Space again (maybe mouse control mode has deactivated),

- make sure you didn't press H (turret mode) during fight,

- make sure rotation is disabled (look in Options -> Controls for the key).

Hope this helps.

• Thank you Wanderer,

turning off rotation did it for me.

But are you able to tell me what it does?

Because i somehow really miss to barrel roll my ship and thought this would do it.

Greetings

• Rotation will do a barrel roll. Here is how it works:

1) launch to space and press Enable Rotation key once,

2) press and hold Rotate Clockwise or Rotate Counterclockwise key.

(Keys for these fuctions can be assigned in Options -> Controls)

But there is a bug: if you dock with rotation enabled and later undock, rotation will not work and ship might go out of control sometimes. To fix that, just press Enable Rotation twice (to re-enable it) or once (to disable).

Greetings :)