Need some help using a CMP exporter

There are 6 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by S-110.

• asuming that it is a relatice simply 3d model without any moving parts and complicated lod settings the procedure should be the following

1. scale up the model prior exporting by 92 (x,y,z) -> thats because the exporters are a bit strange

2. on the exporter screen you leave everything the way it is except you select "back to front"

3. then you click on new and type in a new file name

thats it

if you have a model where you want to use multiple lod levels you need to create the highest detail level in the exporter as lod0

then you design the lower detailed models and export them as lod level 1-3 and use the update function to write it into the already existing lvl0 lod file

if you have a model with moving parts you need to seperate the moving parts via groups.

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• Thanks for the help, tried this but whenever I try to re import the CMP back into milkshape after exporting it encounters an improper argument, and whenever I try load it into something like HardCMP it simply crashes. Any idea what could be going wrong?

Edit: no moving parts, no fancy lod. just textures and hardpoints really. Also, I'm using milkshape 1.8.4.

• try using version 1.7.2 or 1.7.4

I also did not make that good experience with newer ms versions

signew.jpg

Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• Anywhere I can find these? They don't seem to exist anymore.

Edit: If there aren't any anywhere, is there any way you could get me your version of it? I know it's potentially a bit of a pain so I understand if it's not doable.

Edited once, last by Sabre Six ().

• you got a message

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• I've been having some success with MS3D 1.85 with OP's directions as he posted. If you own 1.84 then the updated version should be free. Seems to be more stable in general.