I have a problom

There are 10 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by Riddick_7.

• hi op i know u are really tired of this problom and i'm sorry for even bring this up and i thought it would never happen as i thought i would be smart and copy my freelancer id down only it seem i appear to be missing a digit i think in the first part of the code if theres any way u can help it would help me out alot thanx but if not i can start again 8)

PiA_Lanky_SL2

• no chance... i dont know it

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• It may be hiding in your registry,if u know what to do-search for anything freelancer related

• Encrypted? What kind of database you use? Anyway, you can use regshot.exe to track the registry entry regarding the ID.

i've never done that thought...

• Try This:
    Important if you don't want to lose all characters on all Freelancer servers you were playing after reinstalling Windows or (sometimes) reinstalling Freelancer. Without a saved key they are impossible to recover. Here's a brief manual on how to save.

I. Simple way: Open myflaccountid.hta in Freelancer\EXE folder. There you'll see your account ID, save it to a separate text file or print.

When the game is launched 1st time after reinstall, the window will open up with a prompt to save newly generated key or input the old one. Simply input the old key you've saved into that window and you are done. As normal copy-paste won't work, you'll have to copy code manually, therefore it might be a good idea to print the it.

II. More complicated (regedit involved): First of all, launch "regedit" from command line.

Find HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Microsoft Games\Freelancer\1.0
    There will be InstallKey string where Freelancer key is stored, you may save it or change it directly in Regedit.

• ok just an update Lanky has sorted the problem and got the number. cos he knew he was only missing 1 he went through his keyboard 1 at a time till he got it right.

hehe took him an hour bet he dont do that again :tongue:

carbine[CFPD]

• you know what i dont understand????

everytime i uninstal freelancer and instal it again and then i go to internet, it ALWAYS ask me for THE SAME ID. i can uninstal it 100 times and every time i will have the SAME ID.

so, what the .... are you doing that you have that problem?? i really dont get it what are you doing with your computer and games.

• Because of the last mod updates, and some probs with my comp, I have reinstalled FL very often last time.... over 10 times I get the same ID, then it changes [13]

We few, we happy few, we band of brothers
    For he, today that sheds his blood with me
    Shall be my brother...