1.6 wont work

There are 51 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by ChiefRedCloud-AGE-.

• the Yamato holoprojector basically does nothing for u/ur ship.
    it is just eye candy! :D8) i saw Inferno try it out yesterday. he said that he could not "see" himself. i think he means that he could not see the Yamato hologram from his ship.
    but i guess if thats the case....u can buy it to show urself off :P

• Has anyone checked to see how the holoprojector works around NPC? Meaning do they act differently when they see a BS as apposed to a frieghter? If so, then there you are. Deception. If not, well like they said, eye candy.

Originally posted by SWAT_OP-R8R
    if fl crashs after the splash screen then delete the fucking savegames
    that will fix it

and to say it clearly
    the testers played without such crashes for 5 days... and the only reason why it does crash is the stupidity of the users that are not able to install a fresh copy of FL before they use the mod

Gee Op, you should learn to stop repressing yourself and tell us how you really feel. :-)
    lol
    Btw, just for the record; I followed Baldwin's instructions and the only problem I had was a couple of hiccups from my ZoneAlarm firewall. I think other people who are running ZA's antivirus with the firewall are having more problems. I've found that their firewall works great--the antivirus...not so much.
    If you have problems connecting or staying connected, you may have to tell ZoneAlarm it's okay for Freelancer to access the internet and to act as a server. Even after setting it up correctly in the Program Control tab. This is a first for me and ZA. Usually the PC tab does it flawlessly. But, once I got past those two reminder prompts, I was able to connnect fine.
    Then I got killed by the Liberty Police for smuggling contraband, but that's another story..

• I heard that freighters and fighters, when using the projector, do not have power with which to fire their non-munition weapons. This being said, imao, this is just eyecandy. Lol, there isn't much a point to making one battleship look like another. It's still cool though. :D

24/7 SWAT CF veteran from sometime before 1.6 up into 1.82. Lots of memories!
    Built 88 chars between DC, BD, UAC,
    STC, and freelancers. Ashes to ashes, alas? D:

Originally posted by zqzhub
    @K19 did u deactivate the mod? if so you need a clean install again. I got such an error when i deactivated and tried reactivating, then i did clean install again and its solved.

i followed all steps and also, i have already done all the steps you showed me, didnt work :(

Member of the Lost Prophets since 2006!

• Hi K19. So do you still get that error? i think it only happens when there are corrupted files.... pls follow darkstalker's instruction step by step, and if you have registry clean tools, run a search and clean relevant registry keys after uninstall, then re-install.

Im not sure aoubt the registry clean, but when ive uninstalled fl, i ran registry search and found some fl registry keys still exist. dunno if they are relevant but i removed em before i do reinstall.

hope this helps

In game char: {UAC}Ziq.Alpha_F, {UAC}Ziq.Beta_F, {UAC}Ziq.Delta_T

Freelancers looking for a clan? or more RP? Check out UAC forum to know our organisation and what you can get by joining us. We are looking for active players with strong sense of commitment. Together lets build the best roleplay clan! UAC needs you!

*Friends are the family we choose for ourselves*

• With regards to messing with your Registry---->BEWARE<-----Backup your registry first........this way you can avoid drenching a hanky when the tears start to fall because of those famous words....."WOOOPS!"

• works fine with za

followed instructions to the letter

still props

then followed insructions 2 the letter and repeated without loading up this did the trick

now only get booted when evry1 else does

also unistalled and new installed za and ok it for internet and server on fist running cf this was difficult as my machine seemed to lock

[ctr],[alt]&[del] and left it 10 mins and got back to desktop to ok za stuff

now am sick of okin stuff on za all over again lol

whole prosses was atleast 1.5 hours

but seems to b gud now

:D

• The holoprojector looks great. I saw it today in action and was fooled into thinking it was a real BS. Now like I said before, if the NPC are fooled, then I can see it's worht other than a novelity. Of course seeing this comeinto battle might get a good response. Either shake you up or take a WHOLE lot of concentrated fire.

• lol sry, but it doesnt "fool" the npcs - they will not react any differently if they see u with the holoprojector on. they will still just shoot u :P

• and now i get this with the newer version

Error: problem activating 'Crossfire Mod 1.61 Client Edition'
    Error: SHCopyFile failed ('C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Freelancer\DATA\characters\bodies\li_hatcher_body.dfm.flmmbak' to 'C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Freelancer\DATA\characters\bodies\_li_hatcher_body.dfm')
    awwwwww im getting pissed round here [3]

Member of the Lost Prophets since 2006!

• @ darkjedi, then this needs to be coded into the play....sort like role of the dice. One time they might choose to hesitste, giving you and opertunity to withdraw or plug them....another time the deception might fail. Other words the deception/projector is of no earthly worth. A good idea that may serve no worth except to fool, REAL player momentarily.....then BOOM! No more.....lol