Which ship to choose?

There are 14 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by RebornChaos.

• Well, i've decided to replace my old Eagle, but i'm not sure by what. Currently i'm stuck between the Shroud, Warblade and Shadowblade (the last of which i don't even know where it's sold). Can anyone help me choose between them?

But then ninjas. Thousands of them!

Characters: Drac, Drac_T

• From what I've heard, the Shroud's comparatively agile and the Warblade is an all-around fighter-bomber. I can't say that I've ever heard of the Shadowblade though... At any rate, ship choices should be based on personal preferences; I don't think there's any one "best" fighter. The VHFs are balanced (more or less). Just find something you really like and go with it.

24/7 SWAT CF veteran from sometime before 1.6 up into 1.82. Lots of memories!
    Built 88 chars between DC, BD, UAC,
    STC, and freelancers. Ashes to ashes, alas? D:

• Thanks for the quick response. I'm currently leaning towards the Warblade, but i'm probably going to wait a bit longer until i get some more opinions.

• The choice of ship depands on your combatstyle: what kind of weapons you like to use. Do you like to use cruise disrupters and torpedoes in one single battle, then you could lean towards a ship with 3 cruise disrupter & torpedo-slots. The Blade ship-family is an example of this.

If your style is more agile, then you should find a light ship with a strong hull. The mirage and shroud are 2 good ships.

If you are interested in exploring the Blade family: there are 3 of them, each with a different advantage over the other 2:
    one with a larger cargohold but slower turning, avarage hull
    one with a strong hull, medium turning, small cargohold
    one with agile turning, average hull and medium cargohold.

The last one is the warblade. The other 2 can be found on the special systems reachable from Liberty systems (Texas and Colorado).

A good idea when choosing a ship, is to make sure that you have a surplus of money before you start. Find someone who wants to help you along the way, preferable one with an eagle or shroud.
    Fight a best of 3 before starting: this will give your helper an idea of your fighting skills. Fly with him towards several places where you can get a new ship, switch there, and fight another best of 3. This should give your helper (and yourself) an idea about wether the ship increases or decreases your fighting skills.

12.gif

It's just a game, and it will always remain a game

Originally posted by Baldwin
    Stand out, get the Mirage :D
    Good piece of French and Italian equipment ;)

I agree, nice all rounder, I love mine, lol

{UAC}Tranquil_Dominance/ {UAC}Tranquil-Dominance/ {UAC}Tranquil$Dominance/ {UAC}T_D-Bank1//

With the development of Crossfire 1.6 it's good that you have decided to join our comunity. Almost all server clans are recruiting new members, as indeed are we. If you're simply just interested in knowing more about us, or you're considering applying for a position with us, have a look at, or sign up now on our forumshere.

COPYRIGHT 2145 - 3043 UNION AEROSPACE CORPORATION

• Thanks for all the responses, and i'll try out a Mirage. If i don't like it, i'll just pick a Warblade or a Shadowblade (if i can find the correct system. Haven't found the hole in Texas yet.).

EDIT: Found the holes in Texas. Now just the base where the ship is sold.

ANOTHER EDIT: I've decided to take the Mirage. Once again, thanks everyone for all your input.

• I hate ppl asking the same questions all again... [3]
    Just try out all of them, & decide, which one u want.

Assumption is the mother of all fuckups.

Being a Cynic isn't that bad. Either I'm right or I am pleasantly surprised.

My Homepage

(\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature
    (" )_(" ) to help him multiply, because that's what bunnies do.

• When you're new it's hard to do that. One doesn't have very much experience and even less money. People just like to do things right the first time. Remember on SP how you could always reload your save if you bought something you didn't like? That doesn't happen on the server. Here, every time you try out a ship and don't like it you'll loose a few million in the transactions (this is a big deal when you're trying to save up for all the equipment goodies). It may be annoying for these questions to pop up, but it's understandable. Players don't wan't to waste time or credits if they don't have to. If anything I don't understand why an experienced player with loads of dough would post the question...

People should really try searching the past threads before starting a new one (and yes, I'm being a hypocrite... :] )

24/7 SWAT CF veteran from sometime before 1.6 up into 1.82. Lots of memories!
    Built 88 chars between DC, BD, UAC,
    STC, and freelancers. Ashes to ashes, alas? D:

• New players have no time to spend getting answers...they just want to play and have fun[85] . Time will come.
    So let forgive them and give some advise anyway.
    I'm sure this forum will survive anyway[969]

Originally posted by Dwaggy
    Well, i've decided to replace my old Eagle, but i'm not sure by what. Currently i'm stuck between the Shroud, Warblade and Shadowblade (the last of which i don't even know where it's sold). Can anyone help me choose between them?

Warblade? Did somebody say "Wablade"? Gee, I don't know. That's a tough call...

Originally posted by LaserJet6L
    I hate ppl asking the same questions all again... [3]
    Just try out all of them, & decide, which one u want.

who pissed in your Cheerio's mate ?

:-)