Game choppy and laggy in battles

There are 18 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by Ruivo.

• As the subject says, whenever i enter a battle, my gama gets real choppy (FPS lower than 15), and it seems like my targets have cloaking devices, that everytime i got a good lock on them, they disappear, WHEN i can get a good lock, bcuz they keep drifting around.

Is this happening only to me, or is anyone experiencing those problems? How can i fix that?

My spcs: PIII 800MHz, 655ram, gforce4 64mb, 1Mb dsl connection.

Everything closed while i'm playing, even explorer is closed.

• Never had that prob myself,have u tried that ping prog Grinder posted?
    Does sound like a very bad connex

• Yeah, that was my first guess, but after realizing that this only happens in battles, and my dl speed is 120Kb\s, it is looking that FL isn't accessing my connection at all.

Here's the stats:

Ping requests:
    Sent = 30, Reveived = 30, Lost = 0 <0% loss>
    Approximate round trip times:
    Minimum = 250 ms, Maximun = 270 ms, Average - 252 ms

• Maybe a long shot ,but have you scanned for trojans ?

Originally posted by Ruivo
    Approximate round trip times:
    Minimum = 250 ms, Maximun = 270 ms, Average - 252 ms

thats your problem - about or less than 60-70ms will be normal/best to play

• And how do i do that without improving my dl rate? U know, there's better connections here, up to 8Mb, but we're low on money.

And if that was the reason, the game would be laggy all the time. But the difference between normal games. and battles are huge.

I'll scan for spyware, good idea.

Note: Battling with the nomads is normal, and i can kill more than 20 of them in 2 minutes. Normal battles, on missions lvl 43, i take 5 to 6 minutes to kill one ship.

• no, turn down your graphic settings.

I don't fear anything.
    [SIZE=1] - Remy Bonjasky[/SIZE]

[SIZE=1]AMD64 X2 4200+ | 1024 RAM | 9700 GS | MSI K8N SLI Platinum, nForce4 SLI | 1,2 TB | 22"CRT | FL@1280x960x32bit@xxx fps | XP with SP2 [/SIZE]

Freelancer Videos: [ Movie 1 ][ Movie 2 ][ Movie 3 ]

• I did that too, turned down everything, all the lod, my graphic card anti-aliasing and anti-anisotroping. Still, no difference.

This computer is able to run nfs most wanted in an fast FPS at medium lod, i don't think that my computer performance is the bottleneck.

• i have this problems too and i think its the server or our internet connection are just too slow...

but 1 mbit to get information should be enough...

[angel] Give me your hand and follow me into the light! [angel]

MSN: MarcBomber@arcor.de (no mail)
    IRC: irc.quakenet.org:6667 #Bomber

[SIZE=1] Post last edited by MarcBomber on 11.09.2005, 10:01 AM. [/SIZE]

• I don't know, i always take care while messing with firewall, even if it's the microsoft one.. I'll disable it to see the effect, but in the case, does anyone knows what's the port that FL uses? i could open that port to allow FL to connect without disabling the firewall.

• Only place I have enemy ships disappearing is in Altair, when Coalition ships vanish in the middle of a fight... Any other time, NPC ships ususally race out of range, during heavy lag, right before a server crash...

My rig: i3-4130 Core Duo (3.4Ghz), Gigabit GA-B85-HD3 mobo, 8Gb PC1600ram, Samsung 2x 80Gb SATA RAID, Intel Integrated graphics, 3 optical drives, 23" Asus HD monitor + peripherals

Character names: Centaurian_Alpha & CA derivatives
    Founder: Independent Operators' Consortium (established 2006)

• Well connection speed is important but ping is different thing. My international connection is 16KB/s down, 40KB/s up in best case but ping is about 60 and no problem playing.

• I experience a similar vanishing ship thing in Altair, only seems to happen to the 'big' ships though

{UAC}Tranquil_Dominance/ {UAC}Tranquil-Dominance/ {UAC}Tranquil$Dominance/ {UAC}T_D-Bank1//

With the development of Crossfire 1.6 it's good that you have decided to join our comunity. Almost all server clans are recruiting new members, as indeed are we. If you're simply just interested in knowing more about us, or you're considering applying for a position with us, have a look at, or sign up now on our forumshere.

COPYRIGHT 2145 - 3043 UNION AEROSPACE CORPORATION

• I dont think its depending on the computer or the internet connection. My computer is more than good enough for Freelancer: AMD Athlon XP 3000+, 512MB DDR, 128MB Geforce 6800... My internet connection is DSL 2000

But anyway I have the same problems, but ONLY if I have lag, especially red lags.

We few, we happy few, we band of brothers
    For he, today that sheds his blood with me
    Shall be my brother...

• Actually, i though that the red lag was due to the battle.

Is very annoying, because even with red lag, i can fight with 20 to 25 nomads on the screen, and my game doesn't get choppy, they keep drifting around but that's all that happens. But when i fight a squadron of any other faction ship, the game becomes a slideshow.

Well, these ships have shields, the nomads don't.. could there be any link?