Damnit...

There are 10 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by Fourty-Seven.

• This is getting annoying...

Heres the prob: My FL crashes on CF 1.57

splash screen.My mod is ok,its 10.5Mb,its not corrupted,it unzipped itself nicely.I

reinstalled FL.I just dunno whats the problem.
    Should i smash my PC? Any1 for mashed

electronics ? [10]

(\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
    (" )_(" ) signature to help him gain world domination.

Whatever...

Need a gun,shield or any piece of equipment?Need a tour around Crossfire? You came to the right place! The *at corporation has the best prices and outstanding quality.We offer tour guides throughout Crossfire for very small fees. Contact me or any player with *at tag for details. :pimp:

• I had that happen, had to

unistall CF and do fresh install. Be sure to remove all the files before re-install.

Honour and Integrity

• All like,remove CF 1.56

and 1.57?

(\__/)

Whatever...

Need a gun,shield or any piece of equipment?Need a tour around Crossfire? You came to the right place! The *at corporation has the best prices and outstanding quality.We offer tour guides throughout Crossfire for very small fees. Contact me or any player with *at tag for details. :pimp:

• deactivate the mod in flmm

restore the backups in flmm (options on the tool

bar)

uninstall flmm

uninstall freelancer

run a file search for FL, CF,

and flmm files

reinstall FL

reinstall flmm

do freshdownloads of the

mods unzip 1.56 first

unzip 1.57 update and it should overwrite 1.56

enjoy

playing the latest version of the mod

A tip something i have noticed i dunno if

this would work for everyone whe unziping or activating mods in flmm dont do anything else

(like internet browsing, MSN) becuase i have noticed if i do anything else during unziping

or activating i always get probs with corrupted files

• mine dident

overwrite.. i copy and pasted the unzipped files from 1.57 too 1.56 and it worked

great

oh ya another tip ^^ is that if you have norton or any other anti-virus

with realtime scanning turn it off or it will corrupt the file (it did for me anyways)

• just a few corrections on ya'lls

solutions ^^

you dont have to turn off any firewall or anti-virus.
    you dont need

to uninstall FLMM.
    you dont have to download new files of 1.56 or 1.57.
    you need to

activate 1.56 and then 1.57.

• YOu dont have to turn off your

firewall, but if you're using ZoneAlarm, you'll have to reset with each Crossfire update

you install.

• What Titan said is true of Microsofts new

firewall/virus program also....I installed 1.57 with no problem but then I couldn't access

the MP data until I told MS firewall it was ok....Now this is the new intergrated MS is

pushing...I'm beta testing it.....the install was good and easy (thanks OP) and theMP Plays

fine...except for a few data transfer querks that I think are on my end.... [4]

• Wait,wait,wait....

Activate both CF 1.56 and 1.57?
    Or just past the 1.57

files to the CF 1.56 folder ?(

(\__/)

Whatever...

• Great,now i cant find CF 1.56 ...

Dunno where i placed it.Oh well.... 1.5 Hour of waiting again :(

(\__/)

Whatever...

• Ok Thanks everyone i fixed it.Manually.Hehe PCs cant

replace what i have in my head( its not a penut btw :D ).I manually installed the mod and

patched it manually.

Cya in space, 47

(\__/)

Whatever...