Capship Combat Mod Has New Ships & A New Name

• Arraen

has posted some new images from his

starship combat tribute mod

. He's retextured two of Klavs' destroyers to act as workhorses of the Confed and Kilrathi fleets, and both of these are quite solid. In order to create a counter to the Venture, he's also beefed up the Jalkehi to act as a type of light corvette. The ships are arranged in the game's built-in ship viewer, which has a pretty cool format. We're looking forward to seeing these in action soon!

wc_tribute_mod28t.jpgwc_tribute_mod29t.jpgwc_tribute_mod30t.jpgwc_tribute_mod31t.jpg

Ok, finally I finished with updating Klavs81's models, adding textures and splitting them onto pieces such as turrets, missiles, bridges etc. For now I have 4 ships ready: the Venture, Southampton, Jalkehi and Ralari.

I'm trying to keep the same classes for both sides. Unfortunately, Klavs81's pack doesn't contain any Kilrathi corvettes. So I decided to "upgrade" the heavy fighter Jalkehi into a corvette class. Anyway she has similar tasks and equipped with jump drive. What do you think, guys? Also the project has a new name: Spaceships Universe. :) Since it is not a strategic game, but online capital ship simulator, I thought the word "tactics" didn't fit here.

wcnews.com/index.shtml#13429