Blackbox crash

There are 8 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by Martind Forlon.

• Well, loaded a previous savegame and it still froze, but I was still carrying that 8.5 million credits disk I found in death valley. So I loaded the exact same save and sold the disk before going to the wreck, and guess what? It worked, the game didn't freeze. I just hope nobody will want this disk now...

Something weird happened in the next part of the mission; I was to get info from a wreck but upon arriving, some guy just flew right to the wreck and shot it in my face, i was left there unable to continue the mission. I reloaded and this time went there with a platoon of nomads following me closely, the guy didn't show up and i could get the data from the wreck...

• Yes really, i swear this is no joke or trolling, the computer is not even connected to the net, i was just baffled when I saw it, it's like god in there or something! The man appeared out of nowhere (9 o'clock), flew right to the wreck, exploded it, and ran away! And I just sat there WTF, that just can't happen man! I had to reload, went there with nomads following me, and the guy didn't show up. Did the nomads really scared him? Maybe, I don't know, but I could explore the wreck and continue the mission. Probably the guy was a hostile outcast and I had to kill him before he reached the wreck, but he appeared non-hostile to me because i'm at peace with the outcasts, so he did his job of blowing-up the wreck and then continued on his own business. If he had been hostile to me, then a fight for the wreck would have ensued one way or the other, and probably the data from the wreck would have ended in space if I destroyed him. So in the end, when I came back with a bunch of nomads, that may really have scared him since he was alone, and lone outlaws don't engage vastly superior numbers...

But more likely it's just bad luck, I forgot that factions shoot wrecks that are of a faction hostile to them, and that's probably what happened here.

Edited once, last by johivas ().

• I really like the work that's been done with the new alien factions and systems, I have bouts where I feel like in the old privateer game, it's almost like i'll find an alien vessel and strip it off of a super alien gun...

• I took a break off the main story (At the Omega 5 GMG base constructing a warp gate) and went back to explore the systems that previously unlocked. There are 2 gates leading to the Gladius system, if I take either I get a message saying the mission failed because I failed to dock with the Grum gate. Docking with the Grum gate doesn't remove the message, and anyway, this has nothing to do with the mission i'm currently in which is to try the new gate they're building in Omega 5, and anyway, I paused the story. I'll skip the place for now.

• Its my guess only, but there may be active some old triggers. Its pretty complicated stuff all this campaign coding and this 'fail' message may be related to this issue in Altair which you had earlier. From my experience the best is when you 're'load mission save when is newly saved. It for sure minimize chances that something will go wrong.