engineer or tactical?

There are 9 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by SWAT_OP-R8R.

• i have been playing for awhile now and it seems too me an engineer build in the assualt cruiser is about the same as the tac build in the assault cruiser so i would like some opinions for other people on this matter

• it depends on what build you are going for?
    e.g. if you use an Aux2bat build you wont see much of a difference
    but if you have a build that focuses on the user of attack pattern (such as a zemok build) the differences will get pretty big

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• so lets say i wanted a pure tank build with decent dps in the assualt cruise without using any aux powers how would i set it up?

• sounds like an a2b build is what you are going for...do the colonization missions at B'Tran. It's the easy (free) way to get the Technicians for that type of build.

Without using any aux powers? ( noticed that after I responded). Hmm interesting.

I roam space in search of adventure and treasure.

{LP}Marauder{X} of the Lost Prophets

MARAUDER n 1: someone who attacks in search of booty
    "marauder": Syn: bandit, buccaneer, desperado, forager, looter, pillager, pirate, plunderer, predator, raider

FYI: Lost Prophets are currently recruiting, please talk with a representative online :D

• i like using hull heals and science team in my builds with beam overload and tactical team so im trying to find a build around those abilities

• you still can do that with aux2bat
    and its halfway cheap if you get the technicans from the assignment chains

signew.jpg

Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• i dont really understand im still somewhat new to doing builds so could you explain in a little more detail please?

• In STO there are four kinds of effective ship builds.

The cheapest are the Drake and the Dragon builds... they focus on running the same boff abilities multiple times in order to boost the damage.
    e.g. using 2x tactical team... or 2x fire at will.... or 2x emergency power to weapons
    This has the benefit that while one of these boff abilities is activated the 2nd duplicate of that ability can be activated after the duplicate cooldown is over (and that cooldown is relative small).
    This way you can boost your weapon power relative often.

Then there is the Aux2bat ship build which is used very often since its extremely relyable on cruisers and some other ships.
    This build focuses to transfer aux power to your batteries (you need that boff ability 2 times). People use special items to keep the aux power high and special skills to improve their power transfer rate.
    Everytime aux2bat is used energy is transfered to engines, shields and weapons which massively improves the damage and durability.
    But the biggest advantage of the aux2bat build that you can put 3 purple Technican duty officers into your active space duty roster. These technicans (if they have the correct trait) will lower the recharge times of all your bridge officer abilities when aux2bat is activated.
    Most if not all your boff ability cooldowns will be reduced to their minimum which results in your ship doing alot of damage and also keeping up a relative good healing.

And last but not least there is the Zemok build.
    This is by far the most expensive ship build but also the most effective ship build for tactical players.
    Its practically a mix of Dragon and Drake build combined with 2 Zemok duty officers (which are very very very rare and extremly expensive).

There are detailed desciptions about the builds on our internal forum.

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• I think im starting to understand a little but back to the point for the nuild im going for do i need to go engineer or tactical toon?

• thats hard to answer since we dont know what your build is

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,