Mission 9 - Base with shield problem?

There are 6 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by WYV_EAD.

• Hi there. I take

out the four shield generators and land with Ozu and dont get the expected outcome - All I

get is a base - the mission stops abruptly and the mission object in the personal

information turn to "awaiting mission".

Any help appreciated. 8)

• Hmmm I havent Played it in story line. I used an

Old Open singleplayer mod. Probabley you missed a trigger or something or have a courupt

auto save. Try Replaying from the last mision.

WELCOME to the World of CrossFire

We are an elite squad.

We Infiltrate, We Dominate, We Ultimately, annihilate the enemy.

We follow the orders of the republic, working Instinctively, Intelligently and, Instantly.

We are Commandos.

We are... Delta Squadron....of the republic!
    [sniper]

98% of the teenage population will try, does or has tried smoking pot. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy & paste this into your signature (origanaly written by SANDS_OF_TIMEIII)

• The Crossfire

mod isn't developed for single player but multiplayer. Therefor it is very possible that

you can play certain missions but that the storyline will be stopped at a given

point.

I had it in the 1.4 mod when I had to jump out of New York to Magellan. It

crashed during the jump.
    Tekagi's base, where you are attempting to land, is used in

several different locations in the 1.5 mod, therefor I think that it is crashing due to that

("sorry, can't remember where you are docking, will shut down"-feature).

12.gif

It's just a game, and it will always remain a game

• didnt have time to test the whole story missions and all the crap

i never played

singleplayer (most likely im the only1)

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• i had the same problem... but i suggest that you delete all you

crossfire equipment on that savegame before going to tegaki's base. Then unload crossfire

and start up normal freelancer and go through the mission. Then reload crossfire and

everything should be fine...

• You don't need to uninstall/re-install the mod, in fact I am not sure that it is a

wise idea. If you have any items in your savegame that normally do not exist in the

Freelancer world I am going to assume that the game would either crash, not boot at all, or

the savegames would be labeled "corrupt".

Anyway, here is how I got through Mission

9:

Go to your Freelancer/data/universe/systems directory. In that directory there you

will see a folder K07. Make a copy of this folder in the directory, then rename it to "K07 -

Crossfire". Now in the K07 directory you will find files with the ".ini.flmmbak" extensions.

You will also fine files with the same name, but with only the .ini extension. I.e. -

"Filename.ini" and "Filename.ini.flmmbak". Delete the files with the .ini extension. Note:

Do not delete a file unless you see the same file with the .flmmbak extension. Now, once you

have deleted the files rename the .ini.flmmbak files to .ini.
    I.e. - Filename.ini.flmmbak

-> Filename.ini
    Basically what this does it revert the K07 system to the original system

parameters. Load the game and play the mission. Once you have finished the mission go back

to Freelancer/data/universe/systems and rename the "K07" folder to "K07 - Freelancer". Now

rename the "K07 - Crossfire" directory to "K07". Reboot and have fun. All of the Crossfire

files will be there and you will now be able to visit the arch as a base (should you choose

to return to the system).

Later...

Dr. Shadow