Crossfire 1.9 Graphic severe glitches - tearing

There are 2 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by Moosejoose.

• Hi. I'm not too tech savvy and do not really understand what I needed to do in the stickied post on solving graphic problems. I've just reinstalled Freelancer and got crossfire 1.9 working. That is until I start the game. In the beginning it seems fine, but after like 3 minutes in the game, the whole screen starts going white (like tearing), and a bunch of other glitches which makes the display unreadable and the game umplayable everytime. This is still in the beginning of the SP.

Can anyone help explain what might have gone wrong, and what am i exactly supposed to do? I'm running an alienware windows 7 64-bit, nvia gt555m. ?(

• have you set the graphic options (in game) to 100%?

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• If u meant increasing performance to 100%, then yeah tried that. No luck too. Also tried the following;

1) Tested setting compatibility mode - no effect
    2) Changing resolution - no effect
    3) Reducing performance - no effect
    4) Rolling back to older nvidia drivers - no effect

However tried playing through one of the missions (mission 3 i think) in the SP, and visited another system and didn't experience the glitches. UNTIL as i was nearing planet Manhattan, suddenly the glitch was there again, angry as ever. I tried to print screen the anomaly it just showed a blank black screen. I am stumped.

I tried looking at the "flconfigdatabase.txt" but could not find my graphics adaptor. Could this be a reason for the glitches? If so how do I edit to include it? Sorry but I could not really understand what I needed to do even after reading the thread.