Paying Taxes and/or Fines

There are 3 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by denne.

• If I'm waiting to enter a station because of a long line, get tagged and decide to pay the tax / fine. However, since my cargo is worth a lot more than the tax / fine and the bad guy kills me for the cargo, what happens to them? They get away with both? If so, why would anyone not want to be a pirate?

• Because you can't collect the bounties on other players heads without a mercenary licence :)

Live another day

(\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
    (" )_(" ) signature to help him gain world domination.

• If this bad guy kill you, he will receive only "kill" reward which is between 100-250k $. Its for him more lucrative to get tax paid as to kill you (bcs if he use some missile, they also cost something). Pirate life can be also dangerous, not everyone may like this as also not all like to tax other space pilots :)

Edit by
    For 2.0 how EXACTLY it will work we all will need wait. Was also told that new tax/fine system will allow modifications, so how will look "final" setting is for discussion after 2.0 release.

• uhm, once there was an incident, that a mad merc killed a weird cop for his bounty. the funny thing was, that suddenly 58 lieutenent-pods decided to make a free flight through space with the danger of disappearing into the digital non-existence. well, the merc had the mercy and looted and finally brought them to their final destination LPI Huntsville.

and pls don't ask, who the merc was or the cop :D

"There is no connection between truth and politics." Londo Mollari (Centauri Ambassador) londo.jpg

Dark Phoenix Clan introduction: link
    Sigma 17 Rules: link
    DP Recruiting Office: link

Events, Eventmanagers: link
    Event Rules: link

Edited once, last by denne: . ().