Nebulas and Soundtrack

There are 11 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by maishaf74.

• Hello
    I've just recently installed the Crossfire mod for Freelancer and while I enjoy most of the improvements, I have two issues that I'd like to know how to solve (if possible)
    The first has to do with the new soundtrack. Is there a to remove it? Personally, I don't like some of the new musics, like the one that plays when we are on a prison station in Liberty space.

The second issue has to do with nebulas and clouds. I noticed right at the beggining that nebulas/clouds seem to have little effect on what you can see in the distance. With the mod installed, I can see the background space right through the Badlands nebula. But what I found most strange was the fact that I could still see that background, along with bases, ships and even trade lanes, when I was inside the Badlands nebula (which kinda took away the original 'you are lost in a very bad place' spirit that nebula always had). Now at first I thought this was just that Nebula but then the very dark cloud in the second mission also allows greater visibility and even the ice nebula where Willard station is lets me see everything beyond it. When I'm outside, I can see (and select) the station and even see the planet California Minor through it. Even when I'm inside it, I can still see bases, trade lanes and the planets easily as if the cloud wasn't there.
    Now is this something that can be corrected or the only way to correct it is to wait for Crossfire 2.0?

Edited once, last by Isair: Gramar correction ().

• go to the options and turn off the music if you dont like it
    thats the only thing you can do there

and nebulas are getting "thicker" the more you move into them
    thats how it is designed and that wont change with CF2.0

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• Just to provide with a concrete example:

screen1_zpsfd304878.png

In this imagine I and right beside California Minor. As you can see, I am able to see Willard Research Station and even the second trade lane ring, something that was not possible in the original.

CIMG0886_zpsb0b82ba6.jpg

In this second imagine, I am near the first buoy of the Barrera Passage (mission 3 of the original campaign), which is right at the other side of the nebula from California Minor. But as you can see I can not only see the planet, as if the nebula wasn't there, but I can even make out the abandoned depot where the ambush of that mission occurs.

So the question remains: is what I just posted normal? Nebulas and clouds, even in the original, got "thicker" the more we move into them. But when you were on the outside, they would block sight. You could not see what was inside the nebula (asteroids, stations, trade lane rings, etc) and you could not see what was on the other side of the nebula. But as the screenshots I posted show, I can see past it and see what's inside. Almost as if the Nebula wasn't there when looking from a distance. I'm wondering if that is normal or is simply a bug that I'm experiencing.

• id say it depends on the nebula itself
    there are different kinds with different settings of desity

signew.jpg

Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• So from your reply can I assume the images I posted are not bug or error that I'm experiencing, that it is indeed how it is and how it is meant to be?

• maybe
    from a few rather bad screenshots i cant tell that
    and next to that i could not even check it as i dont have that old mod version installed

all i can tell you is how the mod was designed and that there are hundreds of different nebulas with different looks and different setups

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• You don't need better screenshots to see the selected 'unknown space station', which is Willard (a station that is right in the middle of the Tahoe Ice Cloud), or the planet California Minor right on the other side of the that same cloud. A cloud that was supposed to completely block sight. Instead it only blocks sight when you are truly inside it, but not when you are on the outside.
    Still, I fiddled around with the .ini file of that nebula to partially correct the issue. Thanks anyway

• do as you wish
    if you play on the server with modified files you risk being banned

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• hey Isair... you should come and try the MP... feel the experience of CF which i like so much... hehehe...

Anyway, don't bother about that nebulas... there's a lot more to discover by the way...

• It's a personal preference. I don't play any sort of multiplayer game, only Dota 2 from time to time. Or Heroes 3 but with friends.
    As for the Nebulas, merely asked because I'm a bit of a perfectionist. This certainly won't stop me from using the Crossfire mod, I'm enjoying it ;)

• Well, i never play any other MP btw... just CF at the moment... about nebulas, it's like concentrated sugar... you can see eveything inside it... but once you're inside, you cant see anything... it's all about light refraction i guess...