Some questions

There are 14 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by SpacePotap.

• Hello! I'm indepedent modder and i need help in some questions:
    1. I wan't to change some objects to destructable status, but i have problem with trade lanes and stars: when they're booming - all game and server chashes. How to fix this shit?
    2. I saw mining lasers (when you're mining - asteroids do not drop cargo in space - cargo coming to cargo hold immediately), but i don't know how to create\copy this plagin to hook, help please!
    3. I wan't to change main menu background, but i don't know how to work with .lua.
    4. When i changing my introduction image to .tga by Format Factory - game showing only black monitor when loading, maybe, i forgot to change something?
    Really thanks for help, if it would be.

• 1. you cant
    2. a feature of the discovery plugin
    3. well, yeah... the question is?
    4. in that case you also must have changed the image bit rate... thats why it is not loading

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• 1. Hm... How to change their static model to some parts? Visible parts are destroyed, but the object itself remains, and tradelane can't be activated?
    2. Ok
    3. Yes, i need some easy to understand instructions. I needn't tricky background as in Crossfire, a few static objects would be enough.
    4. Some details of changing the bit rate please.

• 1. i dont understand the question
    if its destroyed then its destroyed and nothing remains

3. hard to give you instructions because lua scripts are pretty much custom

4. i cant give you details about tools which i wouldnt use

signew.jpg

Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• 1. I mean changing trade lane status to invisible and phantom physics. It's possible?
    3. I can use ready code with static objects. But i need instructions how to change music and models inside.
    4. But you added new introduction image to Crossfire! You must know how to do it.

Also, i have new question:
    How to add new system background? I have .png file, how to up it to sphere and transform to game format and took it inside game?
    Maybe, it's last question.

• 1. makes no sense to me
    invisible objects are just objects that you cant see... it does not mean that they are not there and therefore they always would cause troubles (such as npcs docking them them)
    phantom physics do nothing else than disabling sur interactions

3. look, if there would be a tutorial about it then you would find it here or in another FL community
    since there is no such tutorial you are dealing with pretty much freeform code
    lua scripts have a pretty simple structure where every element has its header followed by a relative easy definition
    if you deal with an object then you will find the object name somewhere in a template followed by position and orientation values
    and music generally should not be definied inside the lua but in the base definition which calls the lua script

4. yes. i know how to do it
    point is I use different tools, therefore i cant tell you how to solve this problem with your tools

5. convert the png into a dds and put it into an existing starsphere.... or better clone a starsphere first... or create custom one with a 3d modeling tool

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• 1. So, need's to change docking function. It must be disabled, when parts are destroyed.
    3. Can you give me this tutorial, with Freelancer's additions?
    4. Say me, to what i need change bitrate, and i'll try change it by google searching.
    5. Problem with some details, can you explain me what i need to do step by step?

• 1. good luck with that
    but you know what it means not to be able to dock anywhere?

3. from my understanding of this language i said that there is no such tutorial anywhere

4. 32bit.... which actually is stupid since that image only needs 3 channels instead of 4 but... well thats how they designed it

5. ...

i have the feeling that you want to run before you learned to walk

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• 1. No, and for this reason i've asked how to do this.
    3. Bad. Maybe, you know somebody, who can help with creating easy code?
    4. I don't understand, what i need to do to add full-working image to freelancer. Explain step by step, please!
    5. Yes, maybe. But thing what's i need - really small and easy for professionals, i need information, please.

• 1. answer was given in the 2nd post of this topic
    3. no, i dont know somebody in the active modding community who can do that
    4. again, ive previously said that i am not working with the software that you are working with.... so how in gods name should i give you a step by step explanation?
    Ive given you the information about the texture requirements in order to get displayed... how your tools work is something you have to figure out on your own.
    5. basic modding information here: index.php?page=Board&boardID=216

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• 1. But it's game minus! It's required to removed. Maybe, it's can be realised by plugins?
    4. You can say what software do you use, and i'll understand your instructions.

• 1. that of course would require that you know somebody who can write such plugins
    4. photoshop

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• export it as 32bit image

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,