Freelancer Vanilla is not running but with CF it works

There are 6 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by Vogel85.

• After a long time I decided to install Freelancer on my new computer. When I try to run the vanilla version, it shows the opening videos but crashes back to my desktop with an error message saying something about the "Common.dll" and LCID: 1033.
    Then I installed Crossfire 1.81 through the modmanager and now it works. Now I want to get some other mods to work but keep getting the same error message than with the vanilla version.
    So my question is: Can you tell me what files in your mod make it work, or what I would have to change to get the vanilla version to run?

Thanks in advance.

• Actually i just have an assumption that it might have something to do with the common.dll, although this is not changed in our mod. You can try to take this file and copy that to other mods.
    But in principal its the same file, mods just change some of the code inside this file. So it might be that you have a slightly different outcome.

signature.png

• Already tried that. Didn´t make a difference.
    Tried copying directories from CF and starting the vanilla game. If it didn´t work I restored the old files from a BAck up folder I created. Got a little progress after I copied the "SHIPS" folder in to the vanilla directory. At least then I got to the starting screen but the game crashed as soon as I hit the "New Game" button.

• Ok. I`ll try erasing the saves from the CF game. Let´s see if that works.
    I thought they would be erased when, during the unistallation process I tell the program to delete saves. Guess I was wrong about that.

• Uninstalled and deactivated everything and erased the save files. Then I installed FL from scratch and now it´s working like a charm.
    Thanks a lot. :D