Nvidia Automatic Game Settings

There are 6 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by Zhe Boss.

• Recently I had a look at this option from Nvidia Control Panel, as CF 2.0 comes with options to use FXAA, MSAA ... (I gues this will be with plugins, but don't know)
    Freelancer.exe (also STO) gets registered automatic, with some settings. I am a novice in this area and don't now which settings to use, so please help out.
    When I did the search I also found a tool called Nvidia Inspector (similar to GPU-Z) where you can tweak much more features - find it at Download NVIDIA Inspector For Free - MajorGeeks - click at the Tool icon to see game specific settings to search for your game (Freelancer/STO).

Another issue atm. is my fps in CF (I use Fraps), which is from 150fps to 190fps with my "new" settings. Does this affect ther server or other players in any way ?
    Will this affect CF 2.0 options - anyone know this ?

Pictures attached for clarifying

Thanks

• Okay so I didn't bother to read what you wrote before but something caught my eye. The problem you have (as you say), the FPS, that's actually good for you and your gameplay. I'm not really sure it affects anyone around you but you should know that you can get less mouselag and screenlag with it. I suggest you limit your FPS with Dxtory to 80 (as a precausion method, i think it gives slight screenlag to other people around you, not completely sure).

Edit: I started digging thru my stuff and found it. It's the VSync that allows you to get over 60 FPS. And yeah, gives slight screenlag (if you got netlag, this makes you jump like hell). You might want to send a ticket with this (i don't think it is / can be abused) to OP. Also, I just noticed my Global Settings has VSync forced off ^_^ Anyways, Download Dxtory, limit your FPS to 80. It should allow you less lag. Enjoy!

• Great :thumbup:
    Had compliants about jumping like a rabbit ingame, impossible to fly in formation with and hurting the eyes of several players. Then back to default and everything is fine again.
    I will have a look at the Dxtory thing

CF RP: Probably smuggling something or exploring the universe
    EM char: Event_Manager_Silverfox

9248-cebc88b9.png

• Actually the Dxtory is similar to Fraps just that it compresses the recorded files with H264 or something like that (I'm not really that informed lol). Going over 160FPS will make you lag, so anything below it is good. But still, precausionwise, limit to 80 ;)
    Just my 2 cents. Thanks for bringing it up tho :)

• So much bad information in this thread.
    Before speaking, people need to do their fucking research.

This is a good article on how Vsync and Triple Buffering work when it comes to video games.
    It also explains that the best course of action is to have BOTH enabled or BOTH disabled.

Vsync with Triple Buffering = smooth and nice framerates ; otherwise, if you enable one of them without the other then your framerates will suffer.
    You can also disable both of them, but you'll still have screen-tearing issues. *shrug*

Now ignore the people that give bad advice. Just experiment and do what is best for your game. I wouldn't bother setting it in graphics control panel. Stick with setting it in-game (or how I do, which is to use DirectX Overrider to force both of them on).

• All info in this thread is good. VSync forces your FPS to hit more then limited by the FLEngine. Forcing Triple Buffering on should get you up to 75 or 80 depending on your Screen Refresh rate. Still, forcing both off will make you jump like a rabbit = exploiting game mechanics = permanent ban. So that's some of those things you shouldn't mess with. Thus, if you want easier mouse movement, force it off but limit your FPS to a desireable level. Mine is 120 now and nobody is complaining :3