High Resolution Fonts/Shader Problems

There are 3 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by Michael.

• Hello,

this is my first post here in the forum. (I just recognized theres autocorrect activated on my PC so... there may be mistakes i didn't want to make...)

well... thats not what i wanted to say... I Play on a MacBook Pro with Retina Display, which would be able to run the game in full res (2880x1800). But, unfortunately, there are no Fonts if i set it to this Resolution... so i cant see how fast im going, how many % thruster i have left, distances dont show and so on... I just wondered, why this is like that? Texts in bases are there, but no Information like these... Does anybody have an idea how to fix this Fonts issue on HiDPI Settings?

But this isn't the only Problem i got... When i activate advanced shaders (the normal one) it works, but the star's lights are way to bright, so that i cant read Information on the Screen anymore.. If i use a different shader (in FLMM when activating the mod) i always get light bugs in bases, so when i dock, everything is black and it seems like there was no light source in the room i actually am! Am I the only one with this Problem? Does anybody have a solution for this?

i'd like to thank everyone for answers and, of course the most important part: THIS MOD IS AWESOME!!

best regards,

Free 4 Live

• Fixing the fonts issue can(or should) be done through manually modifying "fonts.ini" and probably "camera.ini" files, just that such resolution is new, so we/somebody would have to make a new tutorial/settings just for this resolution. And the only one who can test modifications is you, with your monitor.

But of the stars being too bright part, try pressing SHIFT + F12 or another way explained in the forum and FAQ of disabling the Bloom, that should help, or even solve the issue.

Good luck,
    -Mike

Chars: [CFPD]Michael~something (x25), [CFPD]~SQMS~{[(store)]} (x3), [CFPD]xfer, Event~Manager~Michael, StarfIier~EM~Michael, Event_Team_2, [GR]Michael[SP] and a blueprint of [CFPD]Sephirothis

• Then, did you try deactivating bloom on the too shiny version ? If that fixes it, it would be much easier than fixing each font piece on all menus for your resolution.

Chars: [CFPD]Michael~something (x25), [CFPD]~SQMS~{[(store)]} (x3), [CFPD]xfer, Event~Manager~Michael, StarfIier~EM~Michael, Event_Team_2, [GR]Michael[SP] and a blueprint of [CFPD]Sephirothis